Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Responsive Design

osTicket is open source and a great app, so I will not complain too much, but how the heck is v1.10 not responsive?  50% of the world uses a phone or tablet to access the internet. osTicket looks really bad on these devices as you need to scroll your whole screen left and right to view and fill out all the forms. A responsive web app is no longer a nice to have, it's absolute crucial in this day of mobile computing. 

Does anyone know if this is planned for a near term future release?  

Comments

• Yes it is planned.  I presume 1.11.  I wish I had more information to give you.  Let me see if I can pry out a little more. :)
  • Very interested to see when responsive will be a part of it, most of our tech's use mobile devices.
  • edited November 2016
    +1(0000)  ... hope the responsive layout is sooner then version 1.11   If i check the timespan of the previous releases, it will take up to one or two years.
  • Anyhou... compliments on the development of this release. Its overall awesome :) Hope 1.11 releases soon
  • Responsive layout would be great!

• It would be nice to see OST in a responsive layout so cellphones and tablets can view it easily. 

In the mean time I believe there is a wordpress plugin you can use in conjunction with a responsive layout. OR, I believe there is an OST app out there that a third party vendor had put together. Please note that these two alternatives are NOT supported by OST, just something I have tested in the past for fun. 
  • edited April 20
    Wordpress plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/key4ce-osticket-bridge/ - I have personally used this in the past.

Mobile App: http://osticketapp.com/ - Unfortunately I believe it's only for internal use. 

Use at your own risk, for support you must speak to the folks who made it.