osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
I would like to see in a future release a hold feature.
As part of ITIL, this feature is great to have.
Especially with an SLA, it can pause your SLA timer when waiting for a response from a requestor, the SLA timer should not keep running.
The hold function should work something like this:
- agent responds to client
- Agent had the ability to placed incident on hold for predetermined times system admins have set; 1, 2 or 3 days etc
- When client responds to incident, the hold timer automatically ends and the SLA timer continues
- Agent gets an email that client has responded
- If client does not respond within the hold time set by the agent, the incident is taken of hold
- Agent gets notification that incident has been taken off hold.