Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

SLA not working properly on subsequent responses

I am having some issues with SLA, and as I am new to osTicket I am sure that I have not set up something properly!!

At the moment we have a very simple SLA - tickets need to be responded within 24hours otherwise they get flagged as overdue.
This works for new tickets.

The problem is that when a response is sent within 24hours, the SLA is still being applied with the original creation date.

How do we make the system apply the SLA to NEW tickets only, and not apply the SLA to tickets that have been responded to?

Comments

• SLA is the time that you're expected to close the ticket from the point that it's created.

From what i understand you want it to be that everytime a client sends a message, an agent have 24 hours to reply to this response?
  • Ah, misunderstood SLA.
    Yes this is the what i would like - everytime a client sends a message, an agent have 24 hours to reply to this response.
    Can this be done?
  • Not currently.  SLA is used from open to resolved currently.  I am hoping that the "advanced SLA" feature that been requested will change that when/if they implement it.  
  • Excellent, I guess we keep our fingers crossed!

This can probably be closed now?