Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

multiples departments with multiples help topics in the same landing page

Hi,

How can I configure a "landing page" with multiples "departments" not just IT, each one with multiples "help topics" and with diferents "SLA plans"?

Thanks,

Jefeson Alves

Comments

• Hi,

I thought in a possibility, but I don't found in the custom form. Is it possible to include the help topic in a custom form?

Thanks,

Jefeson Alves
  • Hey,

I'm not sure I follow what it's you want, but it sounds like the standard http://localhost/open.php page, you can select the help topic and then a help topic can be configured to have a different SLA plan than another help topic and the same can be done for the department.
  • Hi,

Ok, but I need create the following structure of "help topic" for multiples departments, for example:

Department IT:
    - e-mail (help topic) - Plan SLA: 1h;
    - internet (help topic) - Plan SLA: 2h.

Department Sales:
    - Service 1 (help topic) - Plan SLA: 2h;
    - Service 2 (help topic) - Plan SLA: 3h.

Thanks,

Jefeson Alves
  • If the attached image works then that can be configured using the standard setup.
    You can have different SLAs based on which option is chosen and it can be set to go to the department you want it to go to.
    Untitled.png
    901 x 698 - 51K
  • Hi, Micke1101,

I have configured this way, but I have 30 departments and each one has about 10 "help topics". This is complicated for end user.

See an example in the OTRS.

Thanks,

Jefeson Alves
    otrs 1.png
    962 x 504 - 24K
    otrs 2.png
    980 x 543 - 36K
    otrs 3.png
    1005 x 517 - 24K
  • edited May 5
    I won't be able to test this for now but a quick solution you could do that will allow you to do something like this

$filter = array(
                "it"=>array(1, 2, 3),
                "sales"=>array(4, 5, 6)
    );

Now we need to apply this filter IF it's defined, so before this line: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/blob/develop/include/client/open.inc.php#L79
    add something like this

if(!isset($_GET['d']) || in_array($id, $filter[strtolower($_GET['d'])]))
  • Ok tested and it works, but i would change the if on line 79 to this instead to prevent errors showing up if someone modifies the link to something doesn't exist in the filter

if(!isset($_GET['d']) || !is_array($filter[strtolower($_GET['d'])]) || in_array($id, $filter[strtolower($_GET['d'])]))
  • Please, send for me a screen after the changes.