Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Send Email Notification Closed Tickets

Hi,

Can I send email notification closed tickets? To team assign? or manager?

Thanks,
Mahathir

Comments

• I'm not sure if you are asking:

Q: "When I close a ticket can I send a notification to team assigned / manager"
    A: No, there is no close ticket notification.

-or-

Q: "Can I updated closed tickets and have it notify team assigned / manager"
    A: Yes, any Agent update to the ticket is announced if you have the alert enabled at Admin panel -> Settings -> Tickets -> Alerts and Notices.

The answers are very different to those two questions.
  • Hi ntozier,

I'm asking about this:-

Q: "When I close a ticket can I send a notification to team assigned / manager"
    A: No, there is no close ticket notification.

Any mods or any file that maybe I can edit?

Thanks.
  • I am not aware of any one who has written a mod to add this as an additional alerts and notices.  But its really not needed, as it can be handled with work flow.  Instruct your staff to always use a canned response or write a message when they close a ticket.

A good example of this would be to have a canned response that says something like:
    "This ticket is now marked as closed.  Please click URL to fill out a short 2 minute feedback about this ticket. Thank you."  then select Closed.