Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Fatal Error: Contact System Administrator

I have migrated my osTicket from localhost to our website through FTP. My homepage.php (which I made by my own) shows well on the website. But the osticket "index.php" and other files cannot be visited and shows fatal error: contact system administrator. What should I do?

Comments

• My guess is that the application is having problems accessing the database. Do you have the correct information in include/ost-config.php
    Do the webserver logs provide any insight?
  • "fatal error: contact system administrator" is usually a problem talking to the database. I would recommend that you check your logs.
  • How will I check the webserver logs? Someone help me please to get out of this. :( I have checked already my ost-config.php file and MySQL login info is correct.
  • Please let me know detail by detail what should I change. Thanks!
  • You have not provided any info on your configuration:
    Windows or Linux server?
    Webserver - Apache or IIS or something else?
    Self hosted or cloud?
    Does the SQL server reside on the same server as the webserver?
    Have you tried accessing the database from the webserver using the credentials in your config file?
  • Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance. The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you. 

• info:
    - windows server
    - apache
    - self hosted
  • Last time i had that error message the problem was that osticket couldn't read from the database.
    Have you tested that the details in ost-config.php are correct for the database that the site is on now?

define('DBTYPE','mysql');
    define('DBHOST','servername');
    define('DBNAME','databasename');
    define('DBUSER','databaseusername');
    define('DBPASS','databasepassword');
  • I am now done with it! Thanks! And yeah, the only problem were the details supplied in the ost-config file. However, I am getting this warning page. 

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/shgph/public_html/helpdesk/include/client/header.inc.php:30) in /home3/shgph/public_html/helpdesk/include/client/header.inc.php on line 37"