Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Force Post Reply confirmation

Server Information
osTicket Version v1.10 (901e5ea)

Web Server Software Microsoft-IIS/6.0
MySQL Version 5.7.18
PHP Version 5.4.9

I am looking for a way to force an agent to click a confirm (or cancel) button once he has clicked the Post Reply button on a ticket to force the agent to read over what they are about to post to the client.

The backstory is that an agent wrote a tirade about a frustrating client he was dealing with in reply to a comment by our CEO but, instead of using Internal Note, he used Post Reply. The client is now understandably cheesed off.

This is not the first time such an error has been made, and I am looking at ways to mitigate this type of faux pas.

Cheers,
Brett

Comments

• edited June 2
    You could add something like this in include/staff/ticket-view.inc.php:

<p  style="text-align:center;">
                <input class="save pending" type="submit" value="<?php echo __('Post Reply');?>">
                <input class="" type="reset" value="<?php echo __('Reset');?>">
            </p>

To:

<p  style="text-align:center;">
                <input class="save pending" type="submit" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?')" value="<?php echo __('Post Reply');?>">
                <input class="" type="reset" value="<?php echo __('Reset');?>">
            </p>

What will it do: 
    It will show a little pop-up window with the specified text when Post Reply button is pressed.

If you press cancel - it will back out and won't send the reply, it will still retain the text in the edit area. 
    If you will press ok, confirm or whatever, it will post reply. It will do this only on Post Reply, not Internal Note reply.

P.S. This has been tested on chrome, not sure about other browser compatability.
  • I'd also upgrade php to 5.6.x since you run OSTicket v1.10. Anything below 5.6.x is not compatible.
  • @sperrow - Thanks for that, works out great. Checked in MS Edge.

@Synt4xError - PHP 5.4 working fine for now, see no need to upgrade until something breaks.
  • I'm glad you look at it as until, because your version has many issues with OSTicket v1.10. Email fetching and authenticTion issues are what I can think of off the top of my head.