Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Departmental SLAs

Does anyone know how I can make it so depending on what departemnt a ticket is in automatically changes the SLA assigned to it?

Comments

• Hey Sam, you could use help topics for that.

Let's say you have a department called Graphics.
    You could name your help topics "Graphics - Request" and under the tab "on new ticket" or whatever it is called you can set the department the ticket should be assigned to and the SLA as well.
  • I've managed to do what I needed and now when a ticket is overdue this happens

Does anyone know how I would make the whole box surroundig the date red not just the text?
    Capture.PNG
    338 x 59 - 4K
  • You would have to figure out a way to inject css into that section to change the display. Which would mean finding the section of the code and figuring out what css to add.
  • If different departments have different SLAs will a ticket have its 'overdue' removed if it moves to a deparment with a longer SLA time?
  • No.

Once a ticket is overdue, it is overdue.
  • edited June 6
    Is there anyway to make it not overdue from the UI?
  • I mean sure... but you would have to monkey with the source.  And every time you update you would have to find and replicate that alteration.
  • Any idea how I would go about that, ideally I would need some button or somthing that would make it not overdue until the current SLA has passed 
  • Change the overdue date?
  • @Micke1101 do you mean go in and edit the ticket to move the due date further in the future?
  • Yes, that should remove the overdue flag.
  • Doesnt that render SLAs useless then, if the SLA for one department is 1 hour and it goes overdue if the ticket is moved to a new department I would want the overdue marker reset because departemtn 2 may have a different SLA agreement than the first
  • You can find that setting under admin panel, when you edit or create a SLA the point under Status should be what you described.
  • @MartinLKP I'm confused, what do you mean status?
  • Not really sure how it's called actually. I think it's probably Overwritable or something like that? The description should read something like SLA can be overwritten when transferring to other department. I never tried it myself since we only have one department but that should be it.
  • @MartinLKP I've tried that however the 'Overdue' marker is still present, what I need is a way to say if the current departmental SLA is 1 hour and it goes over mark it as overdue, then if I move it to a new department with an SLA of 2 hours it will remove the Overdue marker and start the SLA timer from the time I moved the ticket