Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

cannot complete install of osticket due to missing ost-config.php file

osticket ver 1.10
PHP 5.6

download and extracted osticket.  copied, via FTP, all files in "upload" folder to server, www.domian.com/osticket.  renamed ost-sampleconfig.php to ost-config.php and copied to www.domian.com/osticket.  typed in www.domian.com/osticket/support and began installation of osticket.  

however, I am getting "Configuration file missing!  I have gone through this several times making sure I am doing everything as stated in http://osticket.com/wiki/Installation but I still get same error.  I have confirmed that the ost-config.php file is named correctly and in the correct location.  what am I missing?

Comments

• " and copied to www.domian.com/osticket."

the ost_config.php file should be in the same place that the sample is.
    That is the /include folder.
  • thanks that did it
  • do I understand correctly that I should delete the directory www.domain.com/osticket/setup now that it is installed?
  • Q: do I understand correctly that I should delete the directory www.domain.com/osticket/setup now that it is installed?

A: Yes.