Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Getting 403 Forbidden when trying to access setup page

Hello,

I've just finished setting osTicket up on a Ubuntu VM, got to the last part where I browse to the site and I am getting blocked with a 403 Forbidden. I am not sure where I messed up the permissions or if it is something permission related.

I was following the guide at this site - https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-osticket-on-ubuntu-16-04

Is it something permissions related or am I just missing something simple?

I've checked the access logs under nginx and I see my computer trying to access the site so I know its going to the right place but I'm not sure why I am being blocked.

I am running on Ubuntu 16-04 with PHP version 7
Tagged:

Comments

• nginx is not a support webserver for osTicket at this time.  Many people have reported issues using it.  There are a number of threads at github that you would want to read for the necessary settings changes, I'm not sure if the article you linked covers all of them as I do not run nginx.  Also I would not recommend PHP7 at this time, I recommend 5.6.   The devs have even said install with 5.6 and then upgrade to 7 if you want to run PHP7.

403 sounds like a permissions issue either in nginx or at the file level.
  • Okay, thank you.
  • Can this thread be closed please?
  • Closed at your request.
This discussion has been closed.