Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

admin cant see open tickets

v1.10

it is my understanding that the admin should be able to see all open and closed tickets.  but when I log in as the admin I can only see tickets that I, as the admin, under the agents page or the admin panel, have created.  where or how can I see all the tickets.  in earlier versions of osticket I could always seem them.

Comments

• Screenshot please
  • "it is my understanding that the admin should be able to see all open and closed tickets. "

Your understanding is not correct. Admin's do not have any special access to tickets. Being an Admin means that you are an osTicket Admin, and can edit/alter/change site settings.  Agent accounts only have access to tickets that are assigned to a department that they are a part of, team they belong to, or are assigned to them.

• well that is interesting since in version 1.6 logged in as admin I could review any open tickets or closed ones. see screen shots attached.

is there an account setting in v1.10 that would allow universal access?

v1.6 closed tickets.JPG
    900 x 545 - 102K
    v1.6 open tickets.JPG
    871 x 385 - 47K
  • edited June 22
    Q: is there an account setting in v1.10 that would allow universal access?

A: No. You would have to grant the account access to all departments.

Also 1.6 hasn't been supported since Dec 2013.  Comparing that to 1.10 is like comparing red apples to tomatoes.
  • edited June 22
    well then I sure do like v1.6 better than v1.10 whether its apples or oranges.  too bad it doesn't have the ability to attach files or jpgs, if it did i would still be using it.  

it seems to be a better product, as far as keeping track of tickets which bares the question, why did you change that functionality of it for the newest version?

you reference departments but I don't see departments anywhere in osticket.  perhaps you are referring to something else?

additionally then how would I be able to look back into closed tickets?  is this function still available?
  • *blinks twice*
    I'm not sure why you would think that 1.6 or 1.10 can't do attachments.

Q: why did you change that functionality of it for the newest version?
    A: I did not change it.  I am not a dev, I am a forum moderator.  I imagine that it was changed because people are concerned about things like security.  osticket administrators do not need access to every ticket.  Many osTicket administrators only administrate osTicket... not answer tickets.  You can still give the account the access it had before by adding it to all departments.  The functionality hasn't changed.

Q: perhaps you are referring to something else?
    A: No.  I am referring to Departments.

Q: additionally then how would I be able to look back into closed tickets?
    A: You would do as I've stated and add the account to the departments.

Q: is this function still available?
    A: See first answer in this reply.
  • I assume, and it appears, that you are very familiar with the functionality of osticket.

"sigh" :-) v1.6 does not have the ability to add attachments.  obviously v1.10 does.

don't take you personally, it is meant as a you as in osticket in general.

oh you mean those departments. ;-)  if I create a new department and call it, say, admin, would I be able to give it the universal permissions I am after?  our administrator monitors all tickets to insure they are being dealt with.  we also like to search ticket history to see if we have an on going issue that keeps repeating.

has anyone thought of writing an online instruction booklet covering a majority of these functional questions?
  • No mate, create a Role: "Admin", give that role access to all Departments tickets, then assign that Role to your Agent account.
  • thank you