Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Require CAPTCHA

How will I REQUIRE the captcha pre-installed in the osTicket? It is only ENABLED but NOT required. 
My sole purpose for this is to require users to really type the captcha code else, they cannot send a ticket.

Comments

• What makes you think it's not required? I just tested mine, and it refused to create a ticket with the captcha incorrect or missing.
  • I made a dummy account to test my osTicket. I tried to open a ticket and it was sent successfully even I did not typed the captcha code. I checked on the admin's panel and I received the ticket.
  • Would this be related to: http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/90595/captcha-text-is-missing

I can't help with 3rd party themes mate. Maybe contact the author?
  • Do you know how to lengthen the captcha code? I wanted to make 7 character code with mixed uppercase and lowercase letters with numbers. To what page should I edit? Thanks
  • moving thread to mods and customizations
  • I found it in /captcha.php simply change the first number in the constructor to whatever length you want. 

default:

$captcha = new Captcha(5,12,ROOT_DIR.'images/captcha/');

Double:
    $captcha = new Captcha(10,12,ROOT_DIR.'images/captcha/');

• Thanks! I'm now done with it but I noticed captcha is not case-sensitive. :( User can create ticket as long as he/she typed the captcha in small letters. (shown was in uppercase)
  • But Google Recaptcha isn't case sensitive...
  • Found the robot! lol :-)