Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

I cannot load the installer

I get a Error 403 when I try to load Osticket. All I did is upload the files to the osticket/ folder.

You don't have permission to access /osticket/setup/install.php on this server.

There is no php error log.

I use php version 5.6.30

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

403 is a web browser error code that means that the server (software) does not have access to the page or resource that you were trying to reach. Sounds like a permissions error to me.  BTW the fact that you have a 403 error means that there is an error log some where.  I would check the webserver (software) logs.
    • PHP Error log: none
    • Mail Sending:none
    • Mail Fetching/Receiving: none
    • PHP version: 5.6.30
    • Operating System: Cloudlinux
    • Client or Staff side of the UI: N/A
    • the location - http://yourprice.uk.to/osticket
    • screen shots or mock ups showing what you are talking about: It says Error 403 Forbidden  /osticket/setup/install.php
  • Check the permissions of the folder ensuring Apache has access to it. Check your Apache config as well, you might have an old one that needs updating
  •  /osticket/setup/install.php is set to 644 and /osticket/setup/ is set to 755