Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Search field

We use osticket for our company. In forms we have a label named site name . I have added lots of sites . When someone want to select a site from that list it only searches by 1st letter. How do I set it to search by more letters . I have attached a scrrenshot here. imageI will be very grateful if you guys can help me with this.
Tagged:

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

No Attachment
  • imageimage
    osticket.JPG
    611 x 326 - 52K
    osticket2.JPG
    556 x 59 - 17K
  • "When someone want to select a site from that list it only searches by 1st letter."

You mean when someone clicks on the drop down, and wants to search in the drop down... they push a letter, and it only searches by jumping to that letter?  
  • Yes.Thats it. example when I want to find orient bar when i type orient it won't work. I have to press letter o untill I jump to the orient bar.
  • That is not a feature in osTicket at this time, and I am not aware of any plans to make it one.
  • Hello Lakmalv

sounds like what:
    http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/comment/108460

BTW ... if i delete a value in my dropdown list, the tickets with the "old" value (deleted!) have NO value for the dropdown!

i have build a ajax solution for this issue ...

1.) when i typ the letters in a field, a selection field show the me the relevant results from a table in my db and take this value for a other field to save :-)

2.)if i deleted a value for the dropdown list table from my db table the old value still exists in my "old" tickets :-)

Best Regards
    citrixraptor
  • on:

osTicket Version v1.9.15 (70898b3) — Up to date
    Web Server Software Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
    MySQL Version 5.5.55
    PHP Version 5.6.30-0+deb8u1