Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

How to link Custom Lists to forms

Hi,

Can someone help me how to link custom lists to forms?

Currently I'm using OS v1.10

Thanks,
Mahathir

Comments

• Admin panel -> Manage -> Lists.
    Create your list.

Admin panel -> Manage ->  Forms.
    Add the list that you just made the the form of your choice (Likely Ticket Details)
  • Hi ntozier,

Thanks for the reply. But I'm looking something like. If I select Report a Problem or Request. It's will display a different form from each list. Can I do that?

Please find attachment. 
    List.png
    1060 x 721 - 47K
  • @mahathir if you want to do that, go to;

Admin panel -> Manage ->  Forms
    Create you custom form here (the part you want to appear once the user has selected Report a Problem)

Then select 
    Admin panel -> Manage ->  Help Topics
    Choose the correct topic, so in this case Report a problem, then select the tab Forms and add your custom form.

The you can play around with the layout (I would keep custom forms at the bottom)
  • @Sam_Parris thanks for the explanation. I'm thinking of change Help Topics to my company departments. 

From my screenshot you can see that Help Topics is IT (MIS). IT (MIS) is department at my company. 
  • You cant choose which department a ticket should go into via the Client Side, what you would have to do it have it set out as you've got now, with all your custom forms.

Then go into 
    Admin panel -> Manage ->  Ticket Filters
    Then create a filter for each topic/department that says if the ticket was created with this custom form, auto assign it to this department
  • This is what I'm thinking to do.

1. Scenario

User --> select Help Topics that actually department --> IT (MIS) dept --> select Report a Problem --> Report a Problem custom form will appear. 

2. Scenario

User --> select Help Topics that actually department --> IT (MIS) dept --> select Request --> Request custom form will appear. 

Can that be done?

Please find attachment my custom form.

imageimage
    Report a Problem.png
    1057 x 977 - 26K
    Request.png
    1057 x 977 - 26K
  • Yes both of these can be done.
    1. Scenario
    User --> select Help Topics that actually department --> IT (MIS) dept --> select Report a Problem --> Report a Problem custom form will appear. 
    You would need to use a ticket filter to link the help topic with the department, and use custom forms to create the form.
    2. Scenario
    User --> select Help Topics that actually department --> IT (MIS) dept --> select Request --> Request custom form will appear. 
    The same for this one, use a custom form to create the form and the ticket filter to auto assign the help topic to that department 
  • Thanks @Sam_Parris I'll try..
  • @mahathir - Thats fine, let me know if you need any help
  • If I still stuck I'll let you know..
  • @Sam_Parris no luck.. can you guide me on how to configure the filter?

• Go to Admin Panel > Manage > Ticket Filters and Add a new one.

Fill in the details at the top with a name and number 1 if its your first filter, set the target channel to Any.

The the rule should be;

Topic ID -- Equal -- (Enter the name of your Help Topic)
    In Filter Actions - Choose 'Set Department' and then the departemtn you want the ticket to go to.

• ok2.. thanks....
  • @Sam_Parris thanks for step by step instruction. But I think what I want is different.. :)

Help Topic --(my department) --> Inside will be my custom list (Report a Problem and Request) --> e.g I select Report a Problem it will appear my custom form for Report a Problem --> fill up the form and create ticket.

Is this possible?? 
  • That should be fine, you would just have to change the filter to use your custom form instead of the Help Toipc.

You should see in the dropdown 'Custom Form' just pick which form they would have filled in 
  • No luck.. please find below.imageimageimage
    filter.png
    1193 x 759 - 43K
    Action.png
    1193 x 759 - 40K
    Open ticket.png
    1049 x 655 - 37K