Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Update field not updating when task is updated

I have my open task screen set up to display and sort by 'Last Updated'.  However, when I change a task the 'Last Update' field is not changing - it remains the task creation date.  I looked at the table ost_task and the field 'updated' is indeed not changing.

Either there is an issue with the code, or I don't know how to properly update a task (a very real possibility - no snark intended).

My osTicket setup is attached.

Thanks!

Comments

• Clarification - the tasks are standalone - not attached to any particular ticket.
  • Either there is an issue with the code, or I don't know how to properly update a task (a very real possibility - no snark intended).

I chuckled at this lol

I have submitted a pull request that should fix your issue. Please make the changes, test, and get back to me.

Cheers.
  • Hmm.. I entered the code (which looks like it should do the trick) but the 'updated' field is still not updated.  I even made sure that the change got sent to the server.

Here's what my code looks like now:

$thisstaff);
            }

$this->updated = SqlFunction::NOW();

if ($changes)
                $this->logEvent('edited', array('fields' => $changes));

• Discovered something.  The updated field does not change when posting an update in the "Post Update" tab at the bottom of the task thread.  But the field will update when the task is edited and an update description is posted.

Quick fix for me then is to post all my updates to the taks by editing the task rather than the easier "post update" box.