Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Getting Ticket once login to helpdesk!

Hi All,

I have recently created with osTicket Core, v1.10 .

My Problem is, I am not getting email or ticket if I have logged out from OS ticket.

After logging I am ticket is getting created and generate email notification too.

Please help us. We need any time user will raise a ticket either via web portal or via sending email it should generate immediately.

Thanks,
Asit

Comments

• Sounds like you haven't setup cron. 

Please read:

• Hi,

Can you please help here to setting up cron:

*/5 * * * * nobody /path/to/php /path/to/api/cron.php

/path/to/php   ??
    /path/to/api/cron.php  ??

I am running in CentOS 7.3.

Thanks,
    Asit
  • nobody in your cron job should be the user that your Apache or Apache2 is running as.  

The only person that can tell you what your path to PHP is you. Drop to a command line and type in:
    which php
    then hit enter.

It should tell you where your PHP executable is.  If you have more than one version of PHP installed it usually appends the version number after.

The only person that can tell you what your path to osticket/api/cron.php again is you.  Drop to a command line and go to your osTicket web base dir. (Where you put all the osTicket files)  you can type pwd to display the path to here.  Then add /api/cron.php

• As a side note CentOs by default has SELinux enabled which can cause some issues also.  Make sure that if you have issues you disable it and see if the problem goes away.  If it does then you would re-enable it and write rule to fix the issue.
  • Hi,

I have done like below:

crontab -e
    */2 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/osticket/api/cron.php

Now it is working fine.