Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Embed Form in Website

Hello all,

I am using v1.10 and there is a similar discussion found here: http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/90686/embed-form-in-external-website/p1

I am looking to create additional custom forms to place in various locations on our website.  They would each be used for different functions.  For example: one would be used to serve datasheets, another for technical papers, another for handling service requests.

Is there a way to create a shortcode to place in website sidebars? or, Is there a way to create a link to a specific custom form?

Please see comments on the 4 options found in the similar discussion:
  • Use the osTicket UI (send people to the site and have them login to do that) not sufficient
  • Use the create ticket api to make a custom form that uses the api. how do I create an API? can anyone share a walk-through or a resource to help?
  • Use a 3rd party form maker -OR- create your own email form that sends an email to the ticket system with the information from the form. we want to be able to delegate who is responsible for handling follow-ups based on criteria provided in the form, is there a way to make it work this way?
  • Create your own script that talks directly to the database and creates the ticket thinking this is sort of thing "if you have to ask, you can't do it"
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Comments

• Q: how do I create an API? can anyone share awalk-through or a resource to help?
    A: These are two very different questions.  
    You can create your own API if you know PHP and how to interact with the database.

You can USE the API with this tutorial that I wrote for a much older version (but it hasn't really changed much):
    http://tmib.net/using-osticket-1812-api

Q: we want to be able to delegate who is responsible for handling follow-ups based on criteria provided in the form, is there a way to make it work this way?
    A: It's your form.  You can put whatever criteria you want in it.  From what it sounds like you would have the datasheets form send an email to say datasheets@your.tld and tech papers form send an email to say techpapers@your.tld.  osTicket would fetch these different emails and put them in different departments for the Agents in those departments to answer.

Q: thinking this is sort of thing "if you have to ask, you can't do it"
    A: This is a you would need to know HTML, PHP, MySQL (at the least).

Did this response raise more questions and answers?  If so please feel free to fire away with any additional questions that you have and I will be happy to try to answer them for you.  As a side note there is also the osTicket Customization Services you can reach them at: http://osticket.com/customization
  • Thank you for the quick response as always ntozier.  How about my two preliminary questions?
    • Is there a way to create a shortcode to place in website sidebars? or, 
    • Is there a way to create a link to a specific custom form?
    If not, I'm thinking I'll fall-back on the email approach from a third-party form plugin. The only problem is that we have multiple people dedicated by market segments.  And the single datasheet email address would only filter to a single person, instead of the 5 different market leaders. It wouldn't be able to use the 'Ticket Filters' because the data would be stored in the third-party's database, right?
  • You wouldn't be using an osTicket form on another site.  You would be authoring your own html form and including it in the page however you want to include it, so no and no.