Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Issues with formatting

I've recently found out that if one of our clients responds to an email that contains HTML the response box loses all formatting (Please see the image)

osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea) —  Up to date
Web Server SoftwareApache/2.4.23 (Win64) PHP/5.6.25
MySQL Version5.7.14
PHP Version5.6.25

Comments

Capture.jpg
    1279 x 806 - 80K
  • There is nothing there showing any formatted/unformatted text, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • The attached picture it shows the response box within a ticket, the formatting of that is all messed up 
  • it looks like someone seriously messed with the width of the container.
    I've never had this issue, so I wouldn't know where to begin trying to troubleshoot it.
  • That was my first thought (although I'm the only person with direct access to the code)
    This only happens on tickets that are created with HTML in the initial email, all others are fine
  • Is it possible that they user has some wierd div/span and is setting a width on?
  • I would assume it's the recipients side that doesn't have HTML as default emailing layout. 
  • Or maybe they have a bad table in the their email?
  • I am facing even more wierd problem. The ticket body (have mostly observed it when the body contains table) gets nested across different thread items. Attaching a sample ticket. Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 8.19.33 PM.png
    1136 x 788 - 56K
  • edited August 23
    And the interesting/strange part is that such nesting behaviour goes on for all subsequent thread items - rendering it un-usable.

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 8.19.33 PM.png
    1136 x 788 - 56K
  • The fix for this (at least what I needed to do) was each item in a ticket is held in ost_thread_entry this has a field called 'Body' which actually holds the HTML by default it is of type 'TEXT' which has a max size of 64K.

Change the field to 'MEDIUMTEXT' which has a max of 16MB, and this will prevent anything over 64K being cut off and causing this weird issue.
  • Wow, thanks for the quick solution!

Just wondering, how come there is no thread around this issue (at least I couldnt get hold of one!)

Thanks Again!

Cheers!