Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

OSTicket v1.10 Merge / Duplicate Ticket mods attached

2»

Comments

• I think this is definitly one of the reasons merging of tickets have not been implemented yet, because it's a rather complex topic and people want it to behave differently :).

So maybe a settings section should be added aswell?

• When merging bring owners and collaborators from child tickets.
    • Display child-ticket entries in the master thread.
    • Redirect child tickets to the master ticket.
    • Status on child tickets.
    • Can child ticket be reopened.
    The reason i'm thinking about this redirecting behaviour or the merging of the threads is because when i was testing it in practice i felt it was inconvenient that one user was replying in the ticket that was the master ticket and the other answered in the child ticket even tho i was replying from the master ticket.
  • Yes.  That is why we took the initiative to hire someone to make the changes we needed.  I think we spent a total of about $600 on customization.   If you consider we were spending $140/mo on Zendesk it was a no-brainer.   Now we have a product that works the way our business does. 

I still think there should be some kind of merge "framework" built into the base product that would make it easier for customization/developers later.   Sometimes building a full solution out of the box is not the answer but maybe a better API for developers would be a better solution. 

• is this Mod Already working?

i've installed the latest version
    but the merge functions isn't thare
  • @djskin1990 have you replaced the files after installing osticket with the mods files?

Have you executed the sql queries?

Have you given your role the access to use the merge function?
  • i replaced the file's 

but what SQL Queries?

Didn't see the *.sql file
    or any other Queries in de readme to
    put it in 

so i couldn't give me the role merge
  • Here's the query that is in the files attached

--
    -- Sukurta duomenų struktūra lentelei `ost_ticket_relation`
    --

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ost_ticket_relation` (
      `id` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `agent_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `master_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `ticket_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `date_merged` datetime NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

--
    -- Indexes for dumped tables
    --

--
    -- Indexes for table `ost_ticket_relation`
    --
    ALTER TABLE `ost_ticket_relation`
      ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`);
  • edited May 17
    if got the option now in OS Ticket but when
    i've got ticked merged i can't see them in the
    ticket like the screens say above

(Solved)
  • Just found this, looks very interesting. Before I go ahead and make the changes would someone be able to confirm if I need to replace the files in the first two downloads or do I need the third file that dogatemycomputer added as well? If so I'm a bit confused as to what the third file is, it just looks like an oddly named file "93dd855b7c283d798f9d9befa729d2" and I am assuming I'm supposed to rename it to tickets.php?
  • edited July 14
    Hi Titus1024 

what you sayed i've done  that to but in one of the file's is everything included
    so every page you need to set up so i needed to copy paste the included files
    to separate file to made it work.
  • So I just need the files in the first download and then make the SQL query changes?
  • Hi Titus1024,

As posted by dogatemycomputer the third file posted on Feb 4 is his latest version. 

Inside that compressed file you will find a folder named osTicket-1.10; inside is all the files you need. 
  • Great thanks, I must have missed something when I downloaded it, I will check it again and try downloading a fresh copy.
  • I'm having issues getting this going.

I've copied the mod files to my V1.10 install, ran the SQL to create the new database table.

1) I don't seem to see the extra "merge" permission for the agent(s)?
    2) Don't see the Mater/Child on the tickets or option to merge with another?

What I did was this:-
    Clean install of CentOS7, update.  Install httpd db etc etc etc.
    Downloaded osTicket v1.10 and installed and setup got it working.
    Downloaded the Zip file from the Feb post from dogatemycomputer, unzipped and uploaded to my osTickets folder on the server overwriting the old ones.  Used phpmyadmin to import the .sql file into the database.

• its below Roles en than permissions tab

• LOL looking in the wrong place.

Looks like it's working now thanks.
  • edited August 11
    Never Mind
  • I dont think this works anymore, i just installed it and all i have is lines of warnings

Strict Standards: Non-static method JsonDataParser::parse() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxxx/include/class.role.php on line 281

each line is the same but the on line number is different

any ideas anyone?

Thanks
  • Any Chance of this working with 1.9.15?
  • Hi I tried to install the merge mod but I get a lot of errors

Strict Standards: Non-static method Ticket::getStaffStats() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.staff.php on line 540

Strict Standards: Non-static method JsonDataParser::parse() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.role.php on line 281

Strict Standards: Non-static method JsonDataParser::decode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.json.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Non-static method Application::getStaffApps() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.nav.php on line 59

Strict Standards: Non-static method JsonDataParser::parse() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.role.php on line 281

Strict Standards: Non-static method JsonDataParser::decode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.json.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Non-static method Application::getStaffApps() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/kunden/webs/jazz/osTicket/include/class.nav.php on line 59
  • Ok so when I clone from git then it works perfectly. Thx.
  • Having made a MOD just like this in 1.6 I love the look of this and the feature itself. As others have posted this is common in most major ticketing software
  • edited October 21
    Hi everyone.
    I wold like to implement OSTicket in the company i work. It's a very small company, so I'm testing and learning about it.
    Now, I have a Virtual Machine with Ubuntu 14.10 where I installed OSTicket 1.10 just for testing and learning.
    I noticed than when i send a reply by email, sometimes, OSticket creates a new ticket instead a reply, so I need to merge this two tickets. This is the reason where I'm here.
    I've been reading this post, but I can't understand what I need or how to install the mod for mergin tickets.
    First of all, I've downloaded the three files on the post, but can' understand if the three files are required or just the third one is an update for OSTicket 1.10 and contains both previous files.
    I've opened the third file and there are some files inside that I should copy into my OSticket folder, I assume that my OSTicket folder is /var/www/html/osticket/upload, but i'm not sure if I shoud copy this file into the pluging folder.
    Another question I can't understand: Is https://github.com/Micke1101/osTicket/tree/Merge-Tickets a complete installation of OSTicket whith the mod included?

I apologize for any english mistake (I'm from Spain) and I am absolutly newby in github, php and ticket's tools.

I think merge tickets is a basic feature, so, please, consider incorporate this feature into the core.

Best Regards
    Alberto