Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Customize ticket overview "From" field

Hi together,

the field "From" in the ticket overview is showing the "user__name" of the user.
Unfortunately when you create a user, the username is set to the first name of the user,
thats make it difficult if you have users with same first name what happens often with popular names...

So i tried to change that field to show "email" or first name and family name but had no success.

Maybe someone already changed this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about.  The From field is and has always been default set to their name.  Perhaps you changed the default name format?
  • Hi ntozier,

sorry for confusing, some pictues will help :-)
    The standard should be like in your post, in our system actual it only shows the first name.

As you can see i created a user "Mike Example", the user is saved as "Mike" and this is also what is shown
    in the ticket overview "From" field.

osticket_from.jpg
    980 x 1056 - 214K
  • This sounds like somebody changed the default value to something different like here:

Change it just to something that better fits your need like the setting "as entered".

• Thats it, i thought i already tried it over here...

Beforder i tried changing / editing in \include\staff\ticket.inc.php

Thanks, can be closed :-)
This discussion has been closed.