Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

How do I reset the Staff panel > Dashboard page > Statistics section | Topics tab table data?

Howdy, apologies if this question has been asked before, I did a search through the discussions but didn't see this mentioned.

We recently cleared a number of Help Topics from our OSTicket 1.10.1 instance and found that after doing so, the Staff panel > Dashboard page > Statistics section | Topics tab table (see attached) is now showing stats for empty topics.

I was wondering if there was a way to clear these stats and empty topics out? Looking through some of the older discussions, I saw that you could do this before by clearing out the ticket_event table [1]. But it looks like the tables may have changed a bit since then.

Thanks in advance,
C

Comments

• In versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9 you would achieve this by dropping the contents of the *ticket_event table.  I'm unsure how or if you can do it in 1.10+ since that table no longer exists. 

I just spoke to a dev and he says that there is no way to do this in osTicket 1.10+ as the data is all dashboard data is determined by the ost_thread_event table data.  And you can’t delete the data in that table because that’s what shows what happened in a thread like “Closed by Agent 1” or “Updated by Agent 2.

You can take a look at the /include/class.report.php file to take a look.  If you are particularly skilled in PHP/.MySQL you could probably add a date to the queries so that it does not include things prior to a certain "reset" date which would sort of mimic resetting the data.
  • Appreciate the information about the database and functional changes. I'll take a peek and mess with the class.report.php file.
    Thanks ntozier!
    C
  • Very welcome.  I'll leave this open so if you find a solution you can post it here for others to see.