Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

How do I set a default value of a custom form variable?

Hello guys.  Installed v1.10.  I am trying to create a filter where the message gets directed to a department based on a custom form's value. The form has a variable "URL".  How do I set a default value of this variable in open.php?  I want to set a default value when a user creates a ticket via web.

Please advise.

Thanks 

Comments

• edited September 24
    I can make this work if the custom form is visible to client.  But if it's not visible, how do I get it assigned a default value??  Per the help button it says:

"The field data will be available to email and page templates via the name used in this column. For instance, fields on the common ticket form are available via %{ticket.variable}, where variable is the name used in this column."

But I cannot use "{}" in the php page for the variable name... Also, do I add the default form variable value in open.php or in another file?I tried doing something like this in open.php after the "if POST" line"
    $vars[ticket.user.URL]=default value;
    $vars[SiteURL.URL]=default value;
    "
    (I removed the quotes so it shows correct in the thread...)Neither work.... really need some help, if anyone can point me to the right direction is much appreciated.