Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] New tickets from email get old id's

Hi,

We had to migrate osticket from one to another server. 
So what i did was i installed the latest version of osticket and then imported the old database. There might have been a slight version difference.
However it first seemed like everything worked perfectly, but we noticed that we'd get an email notification that the system had received an new ticket but the ticket did not actually show up in the GUI.

Also if we clicked the link to the ticket in the email, we got redirected to an old ticket. 

Our ticket counter is up to about 2300 something but the "new tickets" are created in the 1500s.. 

Please advice, we do not with to start from scratch. 

Comments

• edited September 25
    chrome_2017-09-25_15-22-53.png
    1063 x 1136 - 121K
  • Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

You ahven't really given us much to go on here but if this were me I would:
    - Install the code base for the latest version.
    - restore the database from back up (to the version that you had previously)
    - Log into the /scp and it should run the upgrader, which will upgrade the database.

This means of course that you would lose any tickets newer than your back up.
  • Oh never mind, we figured out the issue.
    We had a competing machine which was restored from backup 150 days ago which snagged the emails before the new machine and then sent out an identical email to us. Which is why we had gotten the old ID's. Close this ticket. 
This discussion has been closed.