Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Reply by email, not seen in ticket

When the agent resolves a ticket and marks it as resolved, an email arrives at the user, if the user is not satisfied with the response and wishes to open it again it is requested to reply to this email, but, if the mail of the ticket is answered in response never reopens or displays a message to reopen the ticket.
Additional when the ticket is open and the user sends an additional note to include inside the ticket nothing happens.
What would be the configuration so that the ticket reopens or shows the additions to the ticket in the thread of conversations.

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Version of osTicket?
    Have you setup email and cron?

• Version of osTicket?
    osTicket Core, v1.10.1
    Have you setup email and cron?
    When I open cases or close an email arrives to the user, but if the user responds to the mail of the ticket nothing happens.
    I do not know what the purpose of CRON is or how it works

• "I do not know what the purpose of CRON is or how it works"

I'll take that as a 'No I did not setup cron'.  My guess is that you need to setup Piping or Cron for email fetching.  I would recommend IMAP for fetching.

Here's a guide: 
    http://osticket.com/wiki/POP3/IMAP_Setting_Guide
  • We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you wish to provide additional comments or informatione, please reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of your support requests.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the purpose of a user replying a ticket from the email, osTicket supports the answers by email, this answer appears in the thread or how it works?
  • Q: What is the purpose of a user replying a ticket from the email,
    A: it gives your Users (clients) another way of contacting and updating you on their request?

Q:  this answer appears in the thread or how it works?
    A: Yes the emails appear in the ticket.