Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Add a filter to a list

Hi experts, need some help with the fields added in a list, the thing is that i´m trying to obtain an item from a list just by typing on a text field when a user opens a ticket, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• @pacolopz I'm sorry but I have no idea what you mean...could you please provide screenshots and a little more details on what you are trying to accomplish? Cheers.
  • Hi @KevinTheJedi

first of all I created a List called Cliente - https://imgur.com/a/fMpwb
    This is what i'm trying to do, when a ticket is being filled, 
    Select a Help Topic, then i need to filter the list Cliente on the field named Codigo Cliente
    Like the next image

code: C-AG001
    name: (AGUILERA MORALES, MARIO / TACOTITLAN)

The tickets are filled internally, that why i need to insert the client and the product, I am not sure if it is possible...
    Thanks in advance

imageimage

• I don't follow you. But I can tell you that you should not muck with you the built in email address field.  You will break all kinds of things.
  • Hi @ntozier, i'm not using the email field, is just an example of what i´m trying to do, when a user open a ticket on the client page, I can use a dropdown, but the list is to long, it becomes easily if i just only type a part of the item on the list and chose the correct item.

• Ohhhhh. I get you now. Okay, so go to Admin Panel > Manage > Forms > click the form that the field is on > click Config next to the field that is a list, change 'Widget:' to Typeahead, and Save Changes. Now go back, create a ticket and start typing a list option in the field and you should get results like the email field. I hope this helps! Cheers.
  • @KevinTheJedi Brooo.... You are awesome, thanks

may the force be with you
  • @pacolopz

The force is strong with this one lol No problem broh. Have a great day! Cheers.