Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Use a ticket email filter to set owner of ticket from subject line

I have a remote monitoring system that monitors many servers and workstations for each of my ~30 managed IT services clients.

This system emails me when there's a problem.

In the subject line of the email, the organization to which the particular server or workstation belongs is named.

I would like to create a ticket filter that can assign the ticket to the proper user based on the organization name it finds in the subject line.

I don't see a way to do this with ticket filters.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited December 2
    My understanding of osTicket is that agents are owners of a ticket. Only they can be assigned to a ticket and close a ticket. It is possible to use the "Issue Summary" in a filter to assign a ticket to an agent.

So I think "assigning" it to a user is not possible without a modification of the system.
  • You could probably accomplish this in a plugin, in my plugin loadbalancer i change the staff member that the system will use: https://github.com/Micke1101/OSTicket-plugin-loadbalancer

But you can use the changeowner function to well change the owner: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/blob/develop/include/class.ticket.php#L2253

So in the plugin you'll need to teach it how to extract the information and create the user object.
  • edited December 5
    how about setting "ticket / issue summary" contains "whatever" and then actions assigns it? That's what I do but I am assigning it to the team or the end support agent, not the user.
  • There is no TicketFilterAction that assigns the end user, else that indeed could be an option.
  • Good suggestion Micke1101.

Unfortunately, I'm no good with PHP. So I doubt I'll be figuring it out on my own.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a solution though.