Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Custom tab or page in the ticket system for a custom html file ?

• Hi,
  • i want to have a custom page to add custom html pages in the ticket system. How can i do that ? 

• I have v1.10.0  Linux Ubuntu System
    • frZ wrote this but it does not work no new page in the system =(
    • My "custom page" should have a tab like the overview page or the knowledge base page in the backend. So basically I cloned the knowledge base page to get started. Therefore i duplicated the kb.php file found in /scp/. 
      Let's call the clone "customPage.php". In this file I deleted everything but the PHP-require commands and changed the line with 
      $inc='faq-categories.inc.php'; to
      $inc='customPage.inc.php';. 
      The customPage.inc.php wil contain the code of your page. The customPage.inc.php has to be placed in /include/staff.
      The menu-tab for your new page has to be created in the file class.nav.php located in /include.
      I modified the getTabs() function by adding a new tab to the tabs array. Your new entry could look like:

$this->tabs['customPage'] = array('desc'=>__('CustomPage'),'href'=>'customPage.php','title'=>__('CustomPage'));

By doing that, you create a new menu-tab, linked to your custom Page. If you want to create sub-menus, you would have to add them in the getSubMenus() function. Just in case you would want sub-menus as well
    Thanks for your help guys.

KlausRenz
Tagged:

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance. The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you. 

I admit I didn't read most of your post because your talking about editing the core files ... or something.  Not really sure.

Go to Admin panel -> Manage -> Pages. 
    Create a new page.
    Go to the User side of the system.  It appears on the right under Other Resources.