Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

System stops to send emails using Gmail SMTP.

System summary
Windows 7 x64 pro
osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea)  Upgrade— v1.10.1 is available
Web Server SoftwareApache/2.4.12 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1l PHP/5.6.8
MySQL Version5.6.24
PHP Version5.6.8
I started to use this system since August 2015, I've upgrade until this version. everything works perfect Until Dec 1st.
for some reason the emails notifications stops.

checking the PHP Error log I found this:
[02-Dec-2017 15:46:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in E:\xampp\htdocs\ticket\include\pear\Net\Socket.php on line 166
[02-Dec-2017 15:46:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): Failed to enable crypto in E:\xampp\htdocs\ticket\include\pear\Net\Socket.php on line 166
[02-Dec-2017 15:46:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Unknown error) in E:\xampp\htdocs\ticket\include\pear\Net\Socket.php on line 166

this error repeat every time that the system tried to send an email.
I followed some possible solutions (changing the code checker from 5.1.0 to 6.1.0)
upgrading the SMTP.PHP and Sochet.PHP files.
Opening the ports in my firewall.
even I opened a new account in a different mail server but nothing.
when I try with SSL this is the error:
Sending Email via SMTP     
Failed to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Unknown error) (code: -1, response: )]

I spend 3 days looking for a solution, I don't know if is the OsTicket system, PHP configuration, Apache configuration or what else, my network is not, because a telnet connection to the SMTP server is succesful.
I'm Desperate!
Tagged:

Comments