Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

SMTP

Hi i have installed your script in Digitalocean i have raised a ticket as a client.
The issue is 
  • As client, i do not get any email notification as i raised a tickcet 
  • And as an admin, i have able to see the ticket  and after updating ticket  user not able to get any notification 
  • And i have Diagnostic test i got the error "Error sending email - Please try again!" 
I want to add some SMTP setting can you tell the solution for me

Comments

• I would invite you to read the email settings sectoin of the wiki.
    http://osticket.com/wiki/Email_settings
  • Hi
    i have  gone through the documentation which you have provide but the issue is the client able to create the ticket but he is not able to see the ticket ID
  • Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

If the user cannot see their ticket in the UI then the User is not logging into the ticket system with the same email address that they used. 

TO either:  
    • send the initial email to open the ticket
    • open the ticket in the UI
  • even a new user is not able to see the ticket ID
  • Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Then the ticket does not belong to the user.  Users can only see THEIR tickets.  They are opened in their name (email) and they can see the Ticket Number,

Only Agents can see the Ticket ID and its obfuscated.   There is likely no reason why an agent or uwser would ever have to see a tickets actual id.
  • as a user i have raised a ticket it just shows me a message that" you support has been revised .........". But i am unable to see the ticket ID and even i have not got any email regarding ticket ID.
    And i want to check the ticket status it ask me to enter ticket ID also but i have not yet revised ticket number how can enter the value.
  • Third and final request:
    "Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you."

This thread has nothing to do with seeing Ticket Id's.  You have not provided us any email settings or system environment information.
  • @pintraj14.
    Try to do the email diagnosis by visiting Admin Panel > Emails > Diagnostics
    Revert if this step is working or not...