Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Automatic revert on new message from email

Hi All

I must say that osT has been working amazing well for last 6 months. Everytime something doesnt work right, it would typically mean that I missed some configurations. :-)

So I have another case in hand with the following scenario:
- An email by a customer (with couple of other people in cc) lands in osT and a new ticket gets created.
- Agent updates the thread with a new message -> an alert notification is sent back to the customer and all other collaborators
- One of the collaborator reverts back on the notification message -> this new message is added in the ticket thread.
- But this new thread entry creation does not trigger any alert notification to other collaborators.

Am I missing something here. All the notification checkboxes are checked under settings and the department level checkboxes (where you can disable alerts) are unchecked

osT environment is:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- osT v1.10 
- Php 5.6
- MySQL 5.6

Any pointers here will be helpful.

• Please go to:
    Admin panel -> Settings -> Tickets -> Autoresponder

What do you have this set to?
    New Message:
  • Thanks for revert. That is already checked.
  • When I try this on my production system, it sends an email to all the Users apart of the ticket (owner and all collabs) saying “%{} just logged a message to a ticket in which you participate.”

Are you using a mail relay (and external addresses so its being rejected by the server?)
    Have you checked spam boxes?

• I just did one round of Debug and found that the mail (which is new message) is being classified as "AutoReply" by Ticket Filter; resulting in mail not being sent to collaborators 
  • It was Header : Precedence : LIST which was marking all mails as AutoReply and hence not letting the new message alert being sent to collaborators.

Commented this particular filter and it works.
  • A clarification is needed: 

Doesnt osTicket sent new message notification when collaborator adds message via email?

• Q: Doesnt osTicket sent new message notification when collaborator adds message via email?

A: The answer is not binary and depends on how YOU have osTicket configured.
  • Got it.

So the system should support that, but may be the configuration is not letting it happen.

Time to take another dig in the code.

Thanks again!
  • You do not need to look at the code. 
    Check configuration settings for: departments, alerts, notification. Also check ticket filters.