Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

All our problems (image)

Hi,

1. ÅÄÖ are replaced in the title with "?"
2. Messages sent to us are "compressed" by osTicket. No spaces allowed?
3. osTicket inserts a ";" in URL's sent to us, and kills the URL
4. Have noticed that symbol "-" kills ticket, nothing behind this sign is shown..

Suggestions, or need to change system? We receive about 50-100 messages/day and a normal emailprogram cannot be used..

image

Comments

  • alexn;5183 said:
    Hi,

    1. ÅÄÖ are replaced in the title with "?"
    2. Messages sent to us are "compressed" by osTicket. No spaces allowed?
    3. osTicket inserts a ";" in URL's sent to us, and kills the URL
    4. Have noticed that symbol "-" kills ticket, nothing behind this sign is shown..

    Suggestions, or need to change system? We receive about 50-100 messages/day and a normal emailprogram cannot be used..

    image
    Hi,

    Problem 1: Check your php Installation, I think the problem are some old character set conversion tools.
    Problem 2: osTicket search/replaces double newlines. I removed this at my local installatoin
    Problem 4: Maybe the automatic "reply removing"? (check "Strip Quoted Reply: Removing quoted reply (depends on the tag below) " in the settings)

    Michael
  • mmmichael;5184 said:
    Hi,

    Problem 1: Check your php Installation, I think the problem are some old character set conversion tools.
    Problem 2: osTicket search/replaces double newlines. I removed this at my local installatoin
    Problem 4: Maybe the automatic "reply removing"? (check "Strip Quoted Reply: Removing quoted reply (depends on the tag below) " in the settings)

    Michael
    Hi, thanks for taking time.

    1: Were do we check this?

    2: How to remove this?

    4: Yes, this option was checked, and in the field/box underneath it says "-". Would be great NOT to get the WHOLE conversation at every ticket, is there a way to do this without killing the message?
  • Any more suggestions anyone?
  • Still having problems with the attachment. We can't send any attachments from admin.. Any suggestions?

    Also osTicket removes all "spaces" between the rows in the text, for example this:

    Hello,

    My name is XX

    ..will look like this:

    Hello,
    My name is XX

    Suggestions?
  • alexn;5301 said:
    Still having problems with the attachment. We can't send any attachments from admin.. Any suggestions?

    Also osTicket removes all "spaces" between the rows in the text, for example this:

    Hello,

    My name is XX

    ..will look like this:

    Hello,
    My name is XX

    Suggestions?
    Hi,

    sorry, would like to help you, but I have to much other things on my todolist :-( ...

    In class.format.php search for the stripEmptyLines function and replace it with the following one:


    function stripEmptyLines ( $string) {
    //return preg_replace(\"/(^[\r\n]*|[\r\n]+)[\s\t]*[\r\n]+/\", \"\n\", $string);
    return $string;
    // return preg_replace('/\s\s\s+/',\"\n\",$string);
    }


    Michael
  • Thanks Michael,

    Number 2 solved now (2. Messages sent to us are "compressed" by osTicket. No spaces allowed?)

    We still have these errors:

    1. ÅÄÖ are replaced in the title with "?"
    3. osTicket inserts a ";" in URL's sent to us, and kills the URL
    4. Have noticed that symbol "-" kills ticket, nothing behind this sign is shown..

    Anyone with suggestions?

    Have a nice day!
  • If we receives an attachment from a customer (for example an image) and opens it - it is replaced with a bunch of letters.. And ALL attachments from us to customer are not received by customer.

    Like this (but 6-7 times more):

    C ��C ����"�� ���}!1AQa"q2���#B��R��$3br� %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstvwxyz��������������������������������������������������������������������������� ���w!1AQaq"2�B���� #3R�br� $4�%�&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz������������������������������������������������������������������������� ?�_ez'�4��m�~{9#��Ӟ���z-�y����eq��q�MsOҬ�����+h��v�+���� �o�G�5/.8$��4�H>��x�����u������=��wu���y��Kϴ����[���5�_�yf��- ���?P�{�B�g������NL�>���#�R���d�yk��7�������%�&�\��ç�w��k��������� ���s~���Uň�e.�e�>GQub�:#��G^A�-㫑�Q�Ո��8��q�o\�: H㎬l�#���:6W?�x��I��������'�"�c�l��.�]y�5���I?~�}�ZT���)�0�4��X��w,$��'�3����x�����N�߮n9I>�Q�׳ ~���/���[���)?��{?��t���m��s������g�h�=�R3�.�����>�����y"��zI�#�u��rKܒ�O�@����is'�d�y+�x)C����6?kC�<���.�i�����w6�y�L�+��ם8�u��,���)��]���x/���_�>���kO�g�n��{Ww5�߰�� ��j}��n�o������Ʒ��~�yk�I��O)k�ϝ#ؿܣb�r���#ؿܩ(�� (�� (�� (�� (�� (��

    Still:
    1. ÅÄÖ are replaced in the title with "?"
    3. osTicket inserts a ";" in URL's sent to us, and kills the URL
    4. Have noticed that symbol "-" kills ticket, nothing behind this sign is shown..
  • Still having these problems, any suggestions? We will change to Kayako soon, if we can't get this fixed :(
Sign In or Register to comment.