Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.9.4-RC2 is now available! Go get it now

Installation of1.6RC4

Hi do i need any specific extensions to install this?

Im using the lastest version of WampServer that ships with:
PHP 5.2.6
MySQL 5.0.51b
Apache 2.2.8

Every time i fill in the installation details i get reverted back to the same screen, no errors are show, no database is created.

Thanks for your help

Craig

Comments

• Same problem

I had the same problem. I had short_open_tag disabled in php.ini. After I enabled this and restarted Apache my problem was solved. If you can not change php.ini the same effect could be achived by creating a .htaccess-file but I did not got that working.

See also: http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673.

Regards,

Thomas.
  • Hi,

I am new to this forum and osticket,

I am having the same issue, I have added .htaccess to root and I have also enabled short_open_tag = On but I still cannot get passed the install screen.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks Darren
  • said:

Hi do i need any specific extensions to install this?

Im using the lastest version of WampServer that ships with:
    PHP 5.2.6
    MySQL 5.0.51b
    Apache 2.2.8

Every time i fill in the installation details i get reverted back to the same screen, no errors are show, no database is created.

Thanks for your help

Craig

Be sure that the php5-mysql module is installed or pdo_mysqli. You can check by adding the following to a .php file somewhere and viewing it:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Search for "mysql." You can also us this method to see if php short tags is enabled.
  • Same here

Craig,

Turns out I had the same issue. I had short_open_tag = on in my php.ini, but I *didn't* have the mysql module for PHP installed on my system. On CentOS, I ran the following command to solve my issue:

yum install php-mysql

Restarted apache and it worked just fine.

Thanks,
    blunted1
  • Criag

what os are u using?

irperera
  • said:

Craig,

Turns out I had the same issue. I had short_open_tag = on in my php.ini, but I *didn't* have the mysql module for PHP installed on my system. On CentOS, I ran the following command to solve my issue:

yum install php-mysql

Restarted apache and it worked just fine.

Thanks,
    blunted1

This is what I was missing!

Installed php-mysql and restarted httpd service. All set now! Thanks!