Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.9.4 (stable) is now available! Go get it now

[ADD ON] Internal task list

Comments

• are yuo using version 0.3Beta? If not there was a file missed from version 2 and the database has changed. Please remove older versions and try version 0.3. download in first post. This also only works with php 5 and needs to bea able to write to the scp folder.
  • I didn't have the right version. The 3 beta appears to have overwritten my staff table. Could you give me the password to one of the logins to make things easy?

Thanks
  • OK, I just made a db substitution for the password on one of the staff members. I'm in now. Still getting a blank page when I click "schedule"

I even did a chmod -R 777 on the scp directory.
  • Wow sorry about that, I hope you have a backup. Some how one of my workmates saved a full backup of out ost database without checking where he was saving it and overwrote my task tables file. an 10I0T error there. Giving you the password will not resolve anything sorry. your only hope is to restore a back up. I have fixed the file and will upload on with corrected sql data. Sorry again,
  • said:

OK, I just made a db substitution for the password on one of the staff members. I'm in now. Still getting a blank page when I click "schedule"

I even did a chmod -R 777 on the scp directory.

you are using PHP 5 correct? you also need the gd 2 libs installed. check and see if there is a file called scheduleImage.png that is being created in the scp folder when you run the page. The archive has one in it so delete it and view the page. if the file is not being created you are missing the gd 2 libs.
  • I had a backup, no big deal if I did have a backup though, as this box isn't in production yet. Any ideas on why I get a blank page when clicking on "schedule" The other issues seem to be resolved.

I pretty much reinstalled OS ticket and made the changes outlined in your README, on a new database.
  • You're a friggin genius. Changed my php config and it worked like a champ.

Thanks! :D
  • you welcome. It's not 100% yet though I'm still having issues with the queries to pull the tasks in to the schedule. I'm unable to get it to work as required. I'm new at this php + mysql stuff and learning as I go. I should have a better almost complete version in the next few days though.
  • Version 0.5beta is up. lots of fixes and a few new functions added plase update to this version if you can.

Requires php5, gd2 and write access to the /images folder.
    enjoy
  • Is this compatible with RC4 or is 5 needed?
  • said:

Is this compatible with RC4 or is 5 needed?

version 5 only I think, I have not tried it with version 4.
  • OK I have few questions?

1. will I get drop down list to assign tasks to staff members?
    2. is there is a resolution for assigned tasks? completed, in progress?
    3. Is it scalable? can I view tasks for this year and assign for next year?

Thank you
  • said:

OK I have few questions?

1. will I get drop down list to assign tasks to staff members?

Tasks are assigned i) when created, or ii) via the edit task form, both methods provide a drop down list of staff members
    said:

2. is there is a resolution for assigned tasks? completed, in progress?

Yes, although not fully implemented at this time
    said:

3. Is it scalable? can I view tasks for this year and assign for next year?

You can assign tasks to any date, be it last year, next year or 5 years from now. The methods for viewing tasks are i) via the task list which list only the users tasks, or if admin a list of all tasks in the system the same as the ticket list. or ii) the schedule which show only one week at a time, but you can move forward and back as needed. The schedule only list one week as its designed for my departments needs. it should not be too hard to list as much data as needed though with a few tweaks to the code.

hope that answers you questions.

update. I have been working on the issue of over lapping tasks and displaying them correctly. This has involved a rewrite of a few hundred lines of code and the addition of an objects array for the tasks. What this does is a bit much for a quick post, but lest just say I intend to have a drag and drop schedule sooner rather than later. Work has me tied to other projects for the next month or so, so little will be done on this until the new year. In the mean time please keep testing and post up your ideas for improvement and/or and bugs you may find.
  • STATUS FAUlt

i have a problem wiht RC6 and the task mod. i can't set the status it shows as STATUS FAULT.
    Also is there an alert to notify techs of tasks?
  • Rc6

Does this mod work with RC6? I just wanted to verify before I started diving into installing this mod. It looks very useful.
  • Sorry for off-topic, but

RC6??

Did I miss something?:confused:
  • Sorry

I apologize I looked up my version and I am running V1.6 Rc5. Sorry for the confusion.
  • said:

i have a problem wiht RC6 and the task mod. i can't set the status it shows as STATUS FAULT.
    Also is there an alert to notify techs of tasks?

i mean 1.6rc5 i can't get the status to show or allow me to select.
  • Import mySQL error

Hi fidel
    Thank you . You did very well. I have beta 0.5 installed but
    I have problem with data ost_task.sql data import in ost_ticket Database.
    I get the error message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''ost_task_notes` (
    `note_id` int(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `task_id` int(6' at line 1

Can you help me? Thank you.
    (sorry my bad english)
  • asaygi - edit ost_task.sql

REPLACE:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ost_task_notes` (
    `note_id` int(6) NOT NULL,
    `task_id` int(6) NOT NULL,

WITH
    CREATE TABLE `ost_task_notes` (
    `note_id` int(6) NOT NULL,

Also you need to remove the duplicate create table for ost_task_notes (in the SQL file you will see the create table for it twice). If you remove the wrong one make sure the first link reads CREATE TABLE `ost_task_notes` ( as that's a little mistake in there too

Should work then
  • hi, all. Sorry for the lack of follow up on this. My bos has assigned be a huge pile of jobs that has meant I just never got around to finishing this. Hopefuly in the spring when work slows down again I will get back on it. Please keep posting your bugs or ideas for the next time..
  • Hi RingoCarr
    Thank you. Its work ;)
  • Fixed OST_Task.sql

I have gone through the included sql file and have resolved all current issues with the sql commands. I am quoting this to the form since I can't upload a new .sql file. USE ONLY FOR CLEAN INSTALLATIONS!!!!! THIS WILL REMOVE TABLES FROM THE DATABASE IF THEY EXIST!!!!!

"
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ost_task_status`;
    CREATE TABLE `ost_task_status` (
    `status_id` tinyint(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `status` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'NULL',
    `status_color` varchar(7) NOT NULL default 'NULL',
    PRIMARY KEY (`status_id`),
    UNIQUE KEY `status` (`status`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ost_tasks`;
    CREATE TABLE `ost_tasks` (
    `task_id` int(6) NOT NULL auto_increment COMMENT 'task id number',
    `task_title` varchar(128) NOT NULL COMMENT 'the heading for the task',
    `task_owner` int(3) NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'the id number of the member who is assigned the task',
    `task_text` longtext NOT NULL COMMENT 'desctiption of the task',
    `task_status` enum('0','1','2','3','4') NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'status value of task',
    `task_date` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP COMMENT 'the creation dateand time for the task',
    `task_creator` int(3) NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'the id of the user who created the task',
    `task_department` int(3) NOT NULL default '0',
    `task_due_date` date NOT NULL,
    `task_priority` enum('1','2','3','4') NOT NULL default '2',
    `time_slots` int(3) default NULL,
    `start_day` date default NULL,
    `start_time` time default NULL,
    `day_span` varchar(5) default NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`task_title`),
    UNIQUE KEY `task_id` (`task_id`),
    FULLTEXT KEY `task_text` (`task_text`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ost_task_notes`;
    CREATE TABLE `ost_task_notes` (
    `note_id` int(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `note_date` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    `note_title` text NOT NULL,
    `note_text` text NOT NULL,
    `note_creator` int(11) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`note_id`),
    UNIQUE KEY `note_id` (`note_id`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

LOCK TABLE ost_task_status WRITE;
    INSERT INTO `ost_task_status` VALUES
    (1,'Not Started','FFCC99'),
    (2,'Canceled','66AAEE'),
    (3,'Under Way','99DD55'),
    (4,'Compleat','66BB11'),
    (5,'On Hold','BBBBBB');
    UNLOCK TABLES;
    "
  • Adding New Notes into a active task

When I add new notes into a active task the note is being displayed as "no note text found" I have checked the database and the data is being save into the database correctly. The data is being lost from when it is read from the database until it is being displayed into the task. Any Ideas??
    Example.jpg
    804 x 831 - 88K
  • said:

When I add new notes into a active task the note is being displayed as "no note text found" I have checked the database and the data is being save into the database correctly. The data is being lost from when it is read from the database until it is being displayed into the task. Any Ideas??

you need to correct /incude/class.task.php on line 612
    If (strlen ( $note ['task_text'] )

change it to

If (strlen ( $note ['note_text'] )

then you should be able to see the note text
  • said:

you need to correct /incude/class.task.php on line 612
    If (strlen ( $note ['task_text'] )

change it to

If (strlen ( $note ['note_text'] )

then you should be able to see the note text

DISREGARD THIS CHANGE or CORRECTION!
  • you need to correct /incude/class.task.php on line 612

If (strlen ( $note ['task_text'] ) < 1) {
    $text = "no note text found";
    } else {
    $text = $note ['task_text'];
    change it to

If (strlen ( $note ['note_text'] ) < 1) {
    $text = "no note text found";
    } else {
    $text = $note ['note_text'];

then you should be able to see the note text.

i apologize for earlier message. this is correct.
  • Thanks for supporting this ibw007 Like I said I have little time to do anything with this at the moment. I will include your fix in the current code I have. Thanks again.
  • Is there a way to make the Task List fully visible only for Admin. And make the staff only see only tasks which are assingned only to them and to their department?
  • Blank Page - Schedule Link

I am also experiencing problems with the blank page when clicking on the schedule link.

If there are no tasks created and I click on the schedule link, the schedule will pop up. As soon as I add a task, which is created without any problems, then click on the Schedule Link, it displays a blank page.