We're pleased to announce that osTicket v1.6 Stable
is now available for download! This release fixes bugs and addresses security issues reported in earlier versions of osTicket, and also introduces a variety of new features and enhancements.
Some of the new features for v1.6 Stable include a CAPTCHA that can easily be enabled to reduce spam, ticket activity logs so you can track changes to tickets over time, improved attachment handling, improvements to pre-made/canned responses, more flexibility for ticket creation by staff, and minor tweaks and improvements to the user interface.
If you're currently using an earlier version of osTicket, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to version 1.6 Stable as soon as possible. Please refer to the release notes
and the upgrade guide
for complete instructions. If you are installing osTicket for the first time, then simply download v1.6 Stable
and follow installation guide
If you are unable to upgrade your installation due to customizations or for any other reasons, please consider at least temporarily patching the security issues
To help us streamline and manage bugs responsibly, please remember to utilize our bug tracking system
when reporting bugs.
We'd like to thank you all for using osTicket and we hope you enjoy this latest release.But wait, there's more!
We're so excited about the next version of osTicket, we wanted to share with you a little bit of what's ahead. We haven't yet set a release date, but we're confident that the next incarnation is going to blow you away! Here's a brief look at some of the great new things we have in store:
- One of our most-requested features; you'll get a great system that gives you 100% support for multiple languages on your osTicket installation.
- The next osTicket release will ship with a complete knowledgebase that lets you easily share articles and documentation with your clients, including catagorization and tagging, multilingual support, and file attachments.
[*]Statistics & Feedback
- You'll get complete statistics for tickets on department, team, and individual levels, such as open tickets, closed tickets, average response time, average time to resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Another much-requested feature; you'll soon be able to optionally enable customer accounts, rather than relying on the ticket id/email authentication currently in place, making life easier for your customers, and allowing for better organization and management by you.
[*]Custom Ticket Forms
- You asked for it, we're going to give it to you! We're building a complete solution for creating custom ticket forms; create multiple ticket forms, add your own fields, validate customized data, organize the display order and appearance of those fields, you name it, you've got it.
In addition to all of this and much, much more, osTicket will also ship with new, streamlined, staff and admin interfaces, making the system incredibly easy to use and configure. We're working hard to ensure that each new feature adds great value and is integrated seamlessly into our new, improved UI, so you get a straightforward, clean, intuitive ticketing system that's free of bloat and clutter.
Stay tuned, it's going to be great!