Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[MOD] Send reply to alternate/additional email address(es)

New MOD posted on my site.

This adds To, CC, and BCC fields in order to modify who you are sending reply emails to.

http://sudobash.net/?p=234

Comments

• scottro;20752 said:
    New MOD posted on my site.

This adds To, CC, and BCC fields in order to modify who you are sending reply emails to.

http://sudobash.net/?p=234
    Any way to remove the BCC shown in ticket history (still want to retain functionality but not have it appear visible to customers)?

Awesome work as usual!
  • consumedsoul;20763 said:
    Any way to remove the BCC shown in ticket history (still want to retain functionality but not have it appear visible to customers)?

Awesome work as usual!
    Would you prefer not to have it at all or perhaps I could just make all of the To, CC, and BCC only visible to staff or admins?
  • scottro;20772 said:
    Would you prefer not to have it at all or perhaps I could just make all of the To, CC, and BCC only visible to staff or admins?
    I don't mind the functionality being there, but in ticket history bcc shouldn't be visible to customers in my opinion.
  • consumedsoul;20777 said:
    I don't mind the functionality being there, but in ticket history bcc shouldn't be visible to customers in my opinion.
    Yea, I agree. I've looked at this for a couple of hours now and I think their is basically two options. Just strip out the following code so the BCC isn't noted at all:

$send_to = $_POST['send_to'];
    $cc_to = $_POST['cc_to'];
    $SENT = \"To: $send_to\nCC: $cc_to\n\n\";

Or I can make it so that it is all noted in an internal note instead of in the response field. Thoughts?
  • scottro;20782 said:
    Yea, I agree. I've looked at this for a couple of hours now and I think their is basically two options. Just strip out the following code so the BCC isn't noted at all:

$send_to = $_POST['send_to'];
    $cc_to = $_POST['cc_to'];
    $SENT = \"To: $send_to\nCC: $cc_to\n\n\";

Or I can make it so that it is all noted in an internal note instead of in the response field. Thoughts?
    For us it's not as important that we see who was bcc'd since we don't use the functionality that often, but I imagine for bigger support environments it'd be important to track that internally.
  • consumedsoul;20783 said:
    For us it's not as important that we see who was bcc'd since we don't use the functionality that often, but I imagine for bigger support environments it'd be important to track that internally.
    Sure, its difficult for me because we don't allow the customers to login to the website at all - its completely by email alone. In your case I would just remove the code as I had mentioned in my last post. That will include To and CC alone. If we allowed our users I would probably not include that information at all and would rely on mail logs to track it (cus I have easy access to those). That way my customers couldn't see all the addresses they went to (like internal addresses we don't really want to share).
  • Hi Scott,
    In my case I don't want to showing "To: CC: and BCC:" in Ticket Thread at all.
    Which part of code I should comment?:)

All the best,
    Lucas
  • Yep,

Just comment out:

$SENT = \"To: $send_to\nCC: $cc_to\nBCC: $bcc_to\n\n\";
  • Hi Scott,

Would you be able to post this mod as a patch against 1.6.0 ST? Or perhaps a zip of all the changed files then I can post a patch for those that find it useful.

Cambell
  • maybe you can do this to hide the BCC part in the ticket post

in include/staff/viewticket.inc.php:

Find:
    To:<input type=\"text\" name=\"send_to\" value=\"<?=$ticket->getEmail()?>\">
    CC: <input type=\"text\" name=\"cc_to\" >
    BCC: <input type=\"text\" name=\"bcc_to\" >

And replace it with:

To:<input type=\"text\" name=\"send_to\" value=\"<?=$ticket->getEmail()?>\">
    CC: <input type=\"text\" name=\"cc_to\" >
    <? if($thisuser->isAdmin()) { ?>
    BCC: <input type=\"text\" name=\"bcc_to\" >
    <?}?>

i think thats the solution you need.
    Maybe you can post the BCC part in note comments.
  • Is there a way we can apply this functionality to the "Internal Notes" postings as well? It works great for the regular replies and I'd like to have it for internal notes too.

Thanks.
  • I know this is an old post but this is exactly what I am looking for however as it only works with the PHP Mail function, can it be modified to work with SMTP?