Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Open ticket with out sending emails

Is it possible to open a 'internal' ticket?

Maybe something I want to track via the ticket but only for the staff (Local server upgrades or something)? I am currently using osticket to allow clients to submit troubles..

Thanks,

Travis

Comments

• OST does not have the ability to do this as a stock install. I'm also not aware of any mods that would let you do this.

We do tickets like this all the time and just deal with the extra emails to our IT team.
  • Wouldn't assigning these tickets to a department, which has had automatic emailing turned off work for this?

I guess you'd be able to switch departments after the event if you need to and this might not trigger an additional email.

Might be worth trying out.
  • That still sends out an email. The initial "Our customer care team personnel has created a ticket #123456 on your behalf, with the following message;" email. It can be used to suppress some of the emails though. For example, if I open a ticket with

email: [email]smoogles@fakemail.net[/email]

It will send the "Our customer care team personnel has created a ticket #123456 on your behalf, with the following message;" email to smoogles.

Then if a staff updates the ticket, it will send out the "Our customer support team personnel has replied to your support request #123456" email to smoogles.

It won't send out department notices though.