Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Dead or alive?

The rumors seem true, but not true at all. Some in the forum (and interwebz) have speculated that osTicket is dead. And now it is our great pleasure to announce that osTicket is still alive and in active development.

Now that you know osTicket is alive and well; we have some good news to share.

The osTicket v1.7 pre-release (Developer Preview Release) will be made available on March 15, 2012*. The pre-release will strictly be for developers and enthusiasts to peek into and troubleshoot the upcoming release. We plan on using the feedback to shape the upcoming release of osTicket. It is NOT recommended for production environments nor recommended for upgrading existing installations.

We’re excited and look forward to your participation.

P.S. – Despite popular opinion, the delayed release wasn’t due to laziness or shear abandonment (although some was involved). We’ve been working on a software solution that will greatly simplify your customer support workflow (more on this later). We’ve been quietly working on it from the comfort of our new secret headquarters.

But don’t worry – you’ll be the first to know about it. Shhh…don’t tell.

osTicket Dev Team.

* 03/15/12 Update: We're almost there! ;)
We're prepping the code for public release. The code will be available on GitHub within the next 2-3 days.

* 03/19/12 Update: The code is now available on Github.

* 04/02/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-DPR2 is now available on Github.

* 04/27/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-DPR3 is now available on Github.

* 06/18/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-DPR4 is now available on Github. Probably the last DPR before a RC1 release.

* 07/30/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-RC1 is now available on Github.

Please note: osTicket 1.7 DPR is pre-release software, in active development, that may be substantially changed before it's packaged for public release. It is NOT recommended for production environments nor recommended for upgrading existing installations. Comments and feedback are welcomed.

Comments

• Great!!! Thanks:)
  • we all stay tuned!!
  • You made ​​me happy day :)
  • Thanks, Peter. Appreciate your hard and smart work. Keep up the good work. :)

Sincerely,
    Masino Sinaga
  • Give that men a cigar !
  • feedback/troubleshooting

i will happily feedback.
    pls let me know.
  • Really looking forward to this...
  • Hurrah! :D

Thanks for the update, Peter. I've been watching these forums religiously since we started to use your fine ticket system. :cool:
  • Hooray

So glad to hear this.
    Thanks for the update.
  • This is great news to hear...I'm looking forward to the new version.
  • Yesssss!

This makes me HAPPY ! BEcause I love this programming. I'm new to the forum but have been a user for a while. I know .. I know.. I'm a turd for not getting on here before and sharing with the community.. well here I am and I shall give updates on our mods we are doing to help others.

Peace People !

=Dr. Mad Axe
  • Poruguese Br

I help in the translation to Portuguese
  • great news !

I'm really looking forward to see this new version!
    and would love to help you!
    I'm French I can possibly help on the translation and maybe on to something else!

thank you again for this very good news!
  • Hey,

great news.....but i read on http://supportsystem.com/?s=OSTF

this

" No Credit Card Required
    Obligation-free signup, free trial for 30 days." tells me that the new version isn't free ?!

Is it free of charge or not ?
  • nightshift;26154 said:
    Is it free of charge or not ?
    My guess is that osTicket will be free and SupportSystem will be a separate service and will not be free.
  • @Corey....i will hope so...i'd like osTicket very much, but is a little bit "old" php and buggy (PHP 5.3 and so on...)

but OTRS and RT are to hard to install and to complicated
  • Excited for this...:)
  • OSticket is great, thank you for your work.
  • Nice thanx
  • Excited

Are we all holding our breath or is it just me?
  • where new alfa version ? :)
  • awaiting for this release.. it this done:)
  • We're almost there!

Thanks for the pokes guys! We're almost there...

We're prepping the code for public release. The code will be available on GitHub within the next 2-3 days. :cool:
  • demos

demos :p ?
  • Will wait...Take your time....:)
  • i'm wait.....

where?
  • These guys are driving me nuts. First I get rid of oSticket because it hasn't been updated in 2 years. Then, a week later, oSticket announces an imminent release of an update. 'Fantastic' I think, I was having issues with the buggy replacement software I installed so I switched right back to oSticket.

But wait.

Now they're backtracking on their original March 15th release date.

You know what oSticket..... get organised or stop wasting our time. Now I am stuck again and not sure what to do. I am starting to think one of the many paid and hosted solutions is a much better bet.

Here is a lesson in project management for you guys:

Step 1: Get the updated coded.
    Step 2: When it is ready for release announce a release date.
    Step 3: Release on time.

Do not announce a release date when you have tons of work left to do and you know you are too lazy to get done on time.

I said my piece, feel free to ban me or delete this post.
  • @MaxTucker - totally understand your frustration :). That said, the post was about developer preview - not production ready osTicket release.

We're working hard to push the code to gitHub as soon as possible.
  • be fair

@ peter

To be fair, everyone has been waiting 2 yrs for some kind of update, and everyone keeps getting told that you need to get paid so your paid projects take Presidence over this one, and like one other person mentioned in a previous, post , many people think that if people at osticket do not have time, they should pass this project on to someone else that wants to make it priority.

With that being said, it is a bit unorganized as well, even tho it is not a production release, and is only a preview , a date of march 15th was givin, then that was changed and you said 2-3 days, at the end of today would be the 3rd day to push the code to github.
  • @MaxTucker

Absolutely right !! Maybe it was an April Fools two weeks in advance :D
This discussion has been closed.