Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Dead or alive?

2»

Comments

• Can't believe

I know we all want the best of the best but come on people, the guys at osTicket worked hard to put out a software for FREE and we are killing them because they have not released an update on time?
    No one forced us to use this system!

What we should be asking is stuff like, what we can look for in the new version.
  • @zonex7 and @abis

We would be happy if we could contribute to the devlopement but this open source project seems to be a little bit closed.

The value of an open-source (and free) software is that a huge community is behind.

Maybe this project should be more opened.

Shteeevy
  • your right

@Shteeevy
    You are defintely right, this projects seems to be a bit closed, and i agree it should be more opened, most of the opened source projects i see like to see contributors....

@
    zonex7

We all i am sure have thanked the developers of osticket, and have appraised them one time or another for an excellent software, and every one appreciates the time and effort they put into this free software...

I my self am part of the development team of an open source software, so i truly know what amount of time and effort goes into developing, with that being said, it doesnt mean put osticket on the back burner for 2 yrs with no updates, or no post from developer letting end users know whats goes on....

We at least release 1 update a month with our free open source project, and we host it on github all the time so people can contribute to the code and if we look at the code someone provides and see if thats something we would like to add to our software.....

Other companies like wordpress is an open source and they always release an update every couple of months, in no way should a project go unattended for 2 yrs.
  • Back to topic: The code is on Github

And for all the OpenSourceFanatics wanting OsTicket to be more open ->

"Create your own fork of the project and use git-flow to create a new feature. Once the feature is published in your fork, send a pull request to begin the conversation of integrating your new feature into osTicket."

Enough "open" for you (not that it was in any way closed from the beginning) ?
  • :(

Installed but i cant switch my helpdesk online, why?
    After enabling it from admin panel, its not working. Helpdesk is currently offline message is coming out...:(
  • shitansh;26324 said:
    Installed but i cant switch my helpdesk online, why?
    After enabling it from admin panel, its not working. Helpdesk is currently offline message is coming out...:(
    It's only the SCP for now - We'll make client interface available as soon as it's ready. Remember this is just to peek in to (and help test) what we're working on for the upcoming version.

PS. Continue the discussion here.
This discussion has been closed.