Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Import and export

Hi,
I have export my osticket set up and i need to transferred to my local server. what settings do i need to change aside from DB user, DB name, DB password?

I am new here.. i hope some one will give me straight and detailed answered.

Comments

• Short version would be:

1. use the tools that you have to export your database.
    2. copy the osticket folders and files.
    3. on your new host put the osticket files and folders.
    4. create your DB, username, and password in MySQL.
    5. import your data base into the new version of mysql.
    6. edit your /include/settings.php and update line 39. [note this could be called ost-config.php or ostconfig.php]. If you changed the db name, username, password edit those lines also.
  • ntozier;27890 said:
    Short version would be:

6. edit your /include/settings.php and update line 39. [note this could be called ost-config.php or ostconfig.php]. If you changed the db name, username, password edit those lines also.
    Thank you for your response.. i follow the instruction but i get this msg. "Fatal Error: Contact system adminstrator." - any ideal?
  • Not specifically. But if you check the php logs it might point you in the right direction. Also when you setup your mysql username and password did you give it permissions to the database you created?
  • ntozier;27914 said:
    Not specifically. But if you check the php logs it might point you in the right direction. Also when you setup your mysql username and password did you give it permissions to the database you created?
    permission is created.. where do i find that php logs? which path?
  • That depends entirely on your os, version of php, and how you have PHP configured, etc. You really have two options for finding it.

1. You can create a test.php and put the following in it:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then view it on the web server through a browser and it will tell you where your error log and php.ini is located.

2. You can look in your php.ini.

In Linux it's usually some where in /etc. My Debian server has it located in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

Under Windows it can vary greatly also. On my Windows box mine is located in C:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini
  • ntozier;27890 said:
    Short version would be:

you may also need to edit main.inc.php and make sure the 3rd line below points to your root web folder
    #Set Dir constants
    if(!defined('ROOT_PATH')) define('ROOT_PATH','./'); //root path. Damn directories
    define('ROOT_DIR','/var/www' . '/'); #Get real path for root dir ---linux and windows
This discussion has been closed.