Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Internal server error

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange problem with osTicket 1.7.0

I get "Internal server error" randomly, in front end, staff panel and admin panel.
1 of 2 clicks returns "Internal server error".
If I refresh the page, the application loads correctly.

The error on the browser:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email]webmaster@domain.com[/email] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Error caught in the logs:

[08-Aug-2013 09:35:56] PHP Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/clientID/public_html/support/include/class.osticket.php on line 22

[08-Aug-2013 09:35:56] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='./:/home/clientID/public_html/support/include/:/home/clientID/public_html/support/include/pear/') in /home/clientID/public_html/support/include/class.osticket.php on line 22

Can someone help me out?

Comments

• Thats the CSRF protection on class.osticket.php Line 22:
     require_once(INCLUDE_DIR.'class.csrf.php'); //CSRF token class.

Maybe check that the line hasn't become corrupt or something, the message from your logs indicate it has an empty include, as if it was:

require_once(); // Hmm, lets cause an error!

Although this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5364233/php-fatal-error-failed-opening-required-file
    tells me that its possibly a problem with main.inc.php:
        #Set Dir constants
    if(!defined('ROOT_PATH')) define('ROOT_PATH','./'); //root path. Damn directories

define('ROOT_DIR',str_replace('\\\\', '/', realpath(dirname(__FILE__))).'/'); #Get real path for root dir ---linux and windows
    define('INCLUDE_DIR',ROOT_DIR.'include/'); //Change this if include is moved outside the web path.
  • Dear Grizly,

Thank you for your response.
    I checked your indications, all seems to be correct.
    Nothing was changed into the application or server since the installation.
    It worked fine at the beginning, now is not working anymore.
    The only difference is that now there are about 5000 tickets (DB around 500 MB).

Thank you,
  • Where is your server? (we have more tickets and a much larger database with no problems), perhaps your host has limited your db size?
  • It could be the result f a php or web server upgrade or mid configuration, or a problem with MySQL.
  • Dear all,

Thank you for your answers.
    The server is in a shared hosting location with a regular cPanel account.
    I thought it could be a server setting, but if I cannot clearly pinpoint the reason and the setting, I cannot reach their support for help. They told me it is an application fault (based on the error) and that is is.
    I will try to move the application somewhere else and see what happens.

Thank you
  • If you haven't changed anything, get a copy of your ost-settings.php file, and then simply overwrite the whole install with a fresh copy. All your data/tickets are in the database.