Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[MOD] Staff Reply to Tickets (IMAP)

124

Comments

  • Looks like everything is working!

    The only thing it is lacking (based on your readme) is you have the ability to add additional users to replies of the ticket thread via email.

    I think to have the ability via the web interface, this is the missing piece.
    http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15969
  • adidasrta;44063 said:
    Looks like everything is working!

    The only thing it is lacking (based on your readme) is you have the ability to add additional users to replies of the ticket thread via email.

    I think to have the ability via the web interface, this is the missing piece.
    http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15969
    You can edit the 'CC List' field through the web interface to add additional recipients manually as required.
  • Ahh, didn't think about that.

    We rarely use the 'edit' ticket option much.
  • Question Regarding CC.

    Hi Jemson,

    Just a question,

    If I'm going to close the ticket would the emails that were included in the CC list will received the "Post reply" message?
    Can I also remove the CC List from the client side form?

    2. Would it be possible if there is also a CC field in the Post Reply Field?

    Thanks!
  • Hi Paul,

    #close will be sent out the the requester and CC list unless you also specify the #internal option. If #internal is included it will remain silent.

    CC's can't be removed from the client at this stage. There is no default "Edit Ticket" from the client side so makes it a little harder, but could be looked at later on if it will be of use.

    Q2, Do you mean if I reply and a staff member and CC someone on the reply will they be added to the CC list? If so, yes. If that isn't what you meant I may need come clarification.

    Thanks :)
  • Thanks!
    Jemson;44083 said:
    Hi Paul,

    #close will be sent out the the requester and CC list unless you also specify the #internal option. If #internal is included it will remain silent.

    CC's can't be removed from the client at this stage. There is no default "Edit Ticket" from the client side so makes it a little harder, but could be looked at later on if it will be of use.

    Q2, Do you mean if I reply and a staff member and CC someone on the reply will they be added to the CC list? If so, yes. If that isn't what you meant I may need come clarification.

    Thanks :)
    Thanks for your answers, we can't let our client put CCs so we can't use the MOD. We just need the CCs when closing ticket. any comment on that?
  • Clients can add their own CCs by CC'ing another address on a reply.

    Eg. If I email in a support request and CC you on the original request, your address will be automatically recorded in the CC list and will receive all correspondence on replies. If I then want to add [email]fred@123.com[/email] as a CC recipient later on, I simply CC [email]fred@123.com[/email] on my reply to the ticket and he will be added to the CC list also. If you or fred want to be removed, you simply reply with #unsubscribe and you are taken off the list.

    If you don't want the CC list to receive updates unless it is on the closing remarks of the ticket it would be possible to introduce a condition into the class.mailer.php to check if the ticket is closed before adding the CC list to the email. Should only be a couple lines. If you need this I can probably look at this when I get a chance and send you through the modifications to add.
  • Thanks again!
    Jemson;44097 said:
    Clients can add their own CCs by CC'ing another address on a reply.

    Eg. If I email in a support request and CC you on the original request, your address will be automatically recorded in the CC list and will receive all correspondence on replies. If I then want to add [email]fred@123.com[/email] as a CC recipient later on, I simply CC [email]fred@123.com[/email] on my reply to the ticket and he will be added to the CC list also. If you or fred want to be removed, you simply reply with #unsubscribe and you are taken off the list.

    If you don't want the CC list to receive updates unless it is on the closing remarks of the ticket it would be possible to introduce a condition into the class.mailer.php to check if the ticket is closed before adding the CC list to the email. Should only be a couple lines. If you need this I can probably look at this when I get a chance and send you through the modifications to add.

    Hi Bro,

    We're not using email support request. Our user were just using the client view form. We just need to put a CC field on the "Post on Reply" area for the staff..

    image

    Thank you for your extra mile help!! hope I can help you also.
  • paulroots08;44099 said:

    We just need to put a CC field on the "Post on Reply" area for the staff..
    As a "once off" CC field instead of the permanent one?
  • Jemsen...

    would it be hard to incorporate a Merge feature?

    It would be cool to be able to merge tickets together if they are similar, and not based on any similar variables (as far as the database is concerned).

    The other mods that are available, only merge similar tickets with the same email address. (i.e. duplicate entries).


    The way that I would see it function is if there are 3 tickets from 3 different people saying there is an outage. ticket #123456
    ticket #123457
    ticket #123458

    On ticket #123457 you would reply with
    #merge:123456

    and it will take the contents of the ticket, and merge it with ticket 123456. All the entries could be added to the ticket based on timestamp. It will then add the email addresses to the CC of 123456.

    (repeat for ticket #123458)
  • Yes
    Jemson;44116 said:
    As a "once off" CC field instead of the permanent one?
    Yes, Jemson. Thanks.

    We need to sometimes CC the managers of the clients who reported incidents.
  • Compatible with OST 1.7.1?

    Hi all,

    Has anyone tested this on the new 1.7.1 stable release yet?
  • Adidastra: It would be possible, but I can't see it being overly useful to be honest. The time is would take to find the ticket number of the duplicate ticket to merge with would (im my opinion) take longer than logging into the web interface and doing a merge from there.

    Paul: It would be possible (and should be relatively easy) to do this. When I get some time I will look into it and probably PM you with what I come up with.

    TheAntz: Hasn't been tested with 1.7.1 yet and it's unlikely that it will work off the bat. Will need to compare the differences in the two at some point and work out what adaptations need to be made.
  • How are you suggesting the Merge be accomplished?
  • adidasrta;44552 said:
    How are you suggesting the Merge be accomplished?
    Through one of the existing merge mods through the web interface.
    Eg: http://www.osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14777
    I don't think there will be any gain from doing via email, especially in the sense you would have to look up the duplicate ticket ID and check the history (likely on the web interface) in order to be able to respond to the email and send the merge #action. Really the way I see it, the only reason to merge is if two tickets have been worked on regarding the same issue. If it doesn't have any data on the second ticket I would just close it and state it is a duplicate in the closing remarks rather than merge.
  • Jemson;44403 said:
    TheAntz: Hasn't been tested with 1.7.1 yet and it's unlikely that it will work off the bat. Will need to compare the differences in the two at some point and work out what adaptations need to be made.
    Hi Jemson,
    First, thank you for your work on this fantastic mod. I would love to assist with implementing this for 1.7.1 but unfortunately I am just starting out with OST and won't be familiar with the code for a while still. I do hope that this can be made to work as it would be extremely useful for my deployment of the system. If I can assist in testing and providing feedback I would be happy to do so.
  • I found a weird bug.

    The Scenario:
    I get an email from an end-user about an issue.
    I forward the ticket to the helpdesk.
    It enters the ticket in, with me being the requestor.
    It sends me the email about a new ticket being entered as staff
    It sends me an email about a new ticket being entered as the end user
    [all this is expected]

    When I respond to the ticket being entered as staff with #claim
    It causes the system to loop.

    I understand why it loops, but not sure on how to fix it.
  • Does this allow for tags such as #close to be sent within a reply at the same time?
    For example
    We unlocked your account, please try again. #close
    So the reply is sent to the user, but the ticket is now closed also.

    I did install the update and tried to #close without any additional text. Instead of parsing, the system simply responded to the user with "#close"
  • Thank you.

    This is a great MOD. Thanks for your hard work. I ended up using the 4.1 versions since I already had the HTML MOD in place and don't know enough about the code to integrate the two. I even went so far as to initiate a StaffSession so the variables in the HTML email would populate properly. I get some errors during the cron job, but it still works.

    Does anyone know what it would take to get this into an actual release of the software?

    Anyhow, I rarely comment on threads but this was phenomenal and wanted to point that out.
  • Hi All,

    Apologies for seemingly dropping off the face of the earth. Have had a very hectic few weeks and have not even had a chance to read the forum, let alone reply.

    TheAntz: Thanks for the offer, and support I appreciate it. I would love the assistance with developing this mod for 1.7.1 once you have an understanding of how it all fits together. It is certainly on my todo list, but since it's potentially a reinventing the wheel type task, I will need to wait until I have a bit more free time to take a clean run at it.

    Adidasrta: Do you have the ticket number in the subject for "New Ticket" "New Message Alert" "Ticket Assignment" "Internal Note" etc? When you say it loops, are you getting repeat responses or a bunch of new tickets? Screenshot?

    Alltime: This is how it should work. The quoted text you posted should close the ticket and send the requester an update with the rest of the body text, excluding the #close. I have just tested this, and it worked fine on my end.

    Jparchem: Again I appreciate the feedback. Thanks. I read a while ago that mods can be submitted for approval into future releases through git. I did consider doing this, but once 1.7.1 went RC I figured there was not much point in submitting without adapting for 1.7.1 first (again on the todo list).
  • Question

    Hi Jemson,

    Can we already used your MOD to 1.7.1 Stable release?
  • paulroots08;45245 said:
    Can we already used your MOD to 1.7.1 Stable release?
    As yet no, as per above I will need to modify to suit.
  • > Jemson > paulroots08;45245 said: Can we already used your MOD to 1.7.1 Stable release? As yet no, as per above I will need to modify to suit.

    This would be perfect in my office (which is, of course, running 1.7.1)  A lot of our tech staff is reluctant to embrace OSTicket because they'd like to be able to respond to the email notifications.

    If there's anything I can do to help make this a reality, I'd be happy to do so.  I tried to search 1.7.1 for the hooks to do this manually, but didn't quickly find the point at which it determined if a message should be a response or a new ticket.
  • Of course, after posting this, I upgraded to 1.8rc2, which lets staff members respond to emails to create internal notes, but that's not quite what I need.
  • Rc2? Why wouldn't you have upgraded to 1.8 or better 1.8.0.1 (current)?
  • Actually, it just means I can't read.  I'm on 1.8.0.1, but was looking at release notes for rc2 when I typed that.
  • Ohhhhhh okay. :)  I couldn't figure out why you seemingly picked rc2 at random to install. :)
  • Is there a version of this that allows for tags to be within the Body of the email?
    For example, responding with "This has been resolved. #close."
    paulroots08;45245 said:
    Can we already used your MOD to 1.7.1 Stable release?
    As yet no, as per above I will need to modify to suit.

  • I just checked and this mod author hasn't been active on the forums since November, so I wouldn't be that surprised if you don't get a reply.
  • Well that's unfortunate as this was such an excellent mod. We've been using it for months. Perhaps inactivity is partly due to this forums Software/GUI update.
Sign In or Register to comment.