Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

A better ticket list!

Comments

• Hey ismannen,

It sounds like an issue with scp->tickets.php. In this file, you need to add the status update case. 

Find:

case 'process':
      switch(strtolower($_POST['do'])):

Under this switch, add the following case statement:

case 'set_simple_status':
        if(!$thisstaff->canManageTickets()){
          $errors['err']='Perm. Denied. You are not allowed change the status.';
        }
        if(!$errors){
          $newStatus = $_POST['updatestatus'];
          $ticket->setTicketStatus($newStatus, 0);
          $comment = 'Ticket status changed to ' . $ticket->getStatusName($newStatus) . ' by user: ' . $thisstaff->getName();
          $ticket->logNote('Ticket status changed', $comment, 'SYSTEM', false);
        }
      break;

I am working on updating the instructions to include these instructions.
    Andy

• tanx. i gonna check this later today.
  • edited January 2014
    Now it won't show any tickets for any staff user.
    Edit:
    Now I got 25 e-mails about db-error: Not unique table/alias: 'itm'.
    Well I have added that line you suggested to two different qfrom-places. Is one of them too much?
  • You only need the qfrom and qselect statements once.  Adding them again will give you those errors.
  • tanx worked perfektly
  • Well removed the line from statement, but the problem persists. On the ticket lists it won't show new statuses.
  • @ismanne awesome, good hear.

@tuomasjar would you have any time that I could take a look at it with you?  I think it would be easier than going by this one post at a time.  
  • @rowlandan25 Which timezone you live in? Unfortunately this week will be full of things to do, so I can't do much about this. I live in Finland so UTC+2
  • Hey tuomasjar, I am at UTC-6, the weekend would work fine for me, I am usually up late if that works for you, otherwise I can get up early.  What time works for you?
  • On Sunday I am free all day. So we have like 8 hours of time difference. How about around 7 or 8 pm my local, so it's around 11 or 12 am there. Have I got this right?
  • @tuomasjar Did you get the following issue solved?  Having the same problem.
    Thanks
    Found the error in the class.ticket.php, which was wrong list_id. My list_id is 1 and it wasn't talked about in the database/prep section. Now only the ticket view is not working. It has the column, but nothing in it. As in the picture. Is the problem in tickets.inc.php?

• My list had title "status" not "stat" if I recall correctly

• i checked out 1.8.0.2  and i did find out i cant enough about this to port it directly 

have you checked it out ? 
  • or just wait to 1.8.1 ?   
  • Tried to establish this to the client side as well, but the files on the client side are quite different. Tried to replace the build in statuses on the ticket list on the client side, but couldn't find which part to replace to get it in there.
  • Hello rowlandan25,

I have a problem with the status view. I post you my views and files.

I followed your instructions, but it does not work. I will post also my php files that I have changed.

Can you help me or another? Sorry for my terrible english.

open tickets.JPG
    920 x 311 - 49K
    answered tickets.JPG
    934 x 310 - 57K
    my tickets.JPG
    909 x 290 - 54K
    ticket-view.inc.php.pdf
    ticket-view.inc.txt
    scp.css.txt
    tickets.inc.txt
    class-ticket.txt
    tickets.txt
  • I forgot the attachments!
    open tickets.JPG
    920 x 311 - 49K
    open tickets.JPG
    920 x 311 - 49K
    answered tickets.JPG
    934 x 310 - 57K
    tickets.txt
    scp.css.txt
    tickets.inc.txt
    class-ticket.txt
    ticket-view.inc.txt
  • I forgot the attachments again! Sorry!

imageimageimage

tickets.txt
    scp.css.txt
    tickets.inc.txt
    class-ticket.txt
    ticket-view.inc.txt
    open tickets.JPG
    920 x 311 - 49K
    my tickets.JPG
    909 x 290 - 54K
    answered tickets.JPG
    934 x 310 - 57K
    tickets.txt
  • Hey Tott,

I am working on updating the instructions, I apologize, because we found out it is missing a step in there.  The simplest solution would be to go to the Admin Panel -> Manage -> Forms and find where you put the ticket status (mine was in the Ticket Details form).  Change the variable name from whatever you have to "stat" without the quotes and that should fix it.

Andy
  • Hello rowlandan25,

I've done everything as you described. But it does not work.
    Maybe I have a mistake in this description of you:

"Make sure to change 26 to the value of the status you want to be the default one, as found in the database / prep section of synthesis instructions."

What does this mean? Where can I find the location in the php file and in the database?

greeting
    tott
  • Hallo rowlandan25,

meinst du mit

"Change the variable name from whatever you have to "stat" without the quotes and that should fix it."

ersetze die Variable "priority" mit "stat" in allen php Skript files?

Gruß
    tott

• Hello rowlandan25,

do you mean by

"Change the variable name from whatever you have to" stat "without the quotes and That should fix it."

replace the variable "priority" with "stat" in all php script files?

greeting
    tott
  • "Make sure to change 26 to the value of the status you want to be the default one, as found in the database / prep section of synthesis instructions." You can find this in your database in the ost_list_items table. There is also the list id for the list needed elsewhere. "Change the variable name from whatever you have to" stat "without the quotes and That should fix it." Go to the admin panel of your osticket. Select Manage -> Forms. Open up the form that has the list in it. There on the variable column see what you have as a variable for your list and change it to stat.
  • No need to edit the php files for the latter.
  • any one trying this on 1.8.1 ? 

i love this mod and i realy dont whant to loose it. 
  • I haven't checked but I cannot imagine that the code changed all that much in this section.  Maybe lines shifted a few directions so you should be able to locate and perform the same changes with minimal effort.  note: I have not confirmed this.
  • @ismannen

I am working on making the mod a little easier to install and cleaning up the code a little, but I will then test it out on 1.8.1.  I won't know till I look, but like ntozier said, I doubt it changed to much.
  • thank you :-) 

this mod did the osticket so god for us. 

• @rowlandan25  i have just checked the tickets.inc.php file, and theres big changes there. i think the changes come in 1.8.0.2.  the changes are so big i can`T figure out how to do it. 

i can`t realy php/css. i can only read a litle bit code ad folow instructions hehe.... 

if you need somone to test your code and follow your new instructions i can gladly help you. I have a test site for osticket up and running on 1.8.1 now. where i test mods and things before i put it on our production site. 

i have grate fun with testing things.