Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Call for plugin ideas!

Comments

• I would love to see a plug in to allow the retrieval of customer information from an external database, so that when creating a ticket, or modifying a ticket sent by email, the customer details can be added by a search on our customers database. This would avoid duplication of information and the info becoming out of sync!

Also, and more of a mod than a plugin maybe - some way to customise the colums on show in the staff ticket view, so we could see, for example, company name and help topic. I would be nice to have this as an original feature so as it will not be lost or have to be 're-modded' after an upgrade.

Also, OSTicket is a fantastic ticket system - thank you and keep up the good work!
  • Surprised not already a template or layout available for Mobile Phones (iphones, android, etc...) 50% of my visitors are coming initially from a smartphone.  It would be nice, if there was another layout so that if we setup a subdomain that could point to the same osTicket install but with a new layout for smartphones.  Once again, maybe setting up a sub-domain so that it points to the right layout.

If this already exist, I would be grateful for a link or would be good to get a email blast with that news because other solutions (ZOHO, FreshD..., etc..) all have this covered and I would be willing to pay for a MOD or would be nice if it was part of the current v1.8x solutions.

Peace 
  • I would like to see in this version, mods like "Age of Tickets" and "Assigned To" from Scott Rowley.
    I would like to have too anything like CC/BCC, and ability to put additional columns.

Thank You vey much for this great software!

• i would like to see a plugin to export the tickets  and ticket list to pdf instead of csv, will save hassle of editing csv and converting to pdf.

also a UI that will allow creating of colums from the data in the ticket.. that would be good.. but i think you have that in the pipeline for the next release.

thanks
  • would be good if there was a button on the ticket list "assign to" . so we can assign multiple tickets to other departments.
  • edited January 2014
    From limited experience of the system within my organisation...
    • Merge tickets.
    • Multiple email addresses: To, CC and BCC fields.
    • 'Hide' or 'snooze' tickets until client responds, some action is taken or due date arrives.
    • Ability to sort tickets by: due date; unread; unanswered.
    • Responsive theme for mobile devices.
    • Client/Organisation management interface - to be able to modify client/organisation details and use the data as a very basic form of contact management system.
    • Plug-in management interface/module for easy management, maintenance and core upgrades.
  • edited January 2014
    My wish list includes:

-Adding Custom Forms to ticket reply/note/transfer/assign/updates   https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket-1.8/issues/454 (this could be an easy way to implement time tracking as well)
    -Adding options to Ticket Filters, such as change user.
    -Second email or SMS for staff, for instance new ticket with emergency priority autosends SMS to assigned staff.
    -Close ticket email added to template  (could be used for survey/feedback)
    -Merge tickets
    -Quickly create new ticket from existing ticket (to follow up on similar, but separate issue)

• edited January 2014
    Chat/Instant Messaging between staff. Add ability to perform basic calculations on custom fields. Calendar functionality for tickets/scheduling. Resource scheduling. Cc. Ticket status with color changing. Specific help topics require manager approval before ticket can be closed. Define block of purchased support hours by client/company. Have billable hours field in ticket that subtracts from block when closed. Report creating an invoice showing billable hours. Merge or parent ticket functionality. Client login with ability to "brand" client interface to particular clients (client logo, etc.)
  • gamification reward system
  • @ozkr:  I like the idea a bit, but I think it would need to be lowkey especially for installs in environments where the clients/users can see.  Definitely not linked to FB such as:  Open a support ticket to help me get the TABLET OF SMITING (+5 against Luddites)  However, I could see a plugin that uses the (enhanced) reporting functions to make a neat Staff Member of the Week motd:  Jeff has closed the most tickets in the last 7 days.  or Steve has had the most billable time today.

• @ozkr:  a neat Staff Member of the Week motd:  Jeff has closed the most tickets in the last 7 days.  or Steve has had the most billable time today.
    Or, the opposite end: Jimmy spent the most time doing nothing, Sirius has a problem with authority and has been handed the staff of unemployment ;-)
  • Hi.

To set the context, we use OSTicket for internal staff reporting of IT and Maintenance issues. Staff log tickets via a form on our Intranet as this is easier for them. We do not use the OSTicket Customer form.

I'd like to have the email fetcher process email headers and assign them to ticket fields, including OSTicket custom fields. Eg, assign X-Location email header to a Location field in OST.

At present all we've got is a ticket created with the submitted data as the ticket's problem description.

Regards,
    Gary.
  • I would like a plugin where you could add links to css stylesheets in the head section. 
    This would allow basic theming overrides and cater for mobile template requests.

Just a simple php file which contains a list - example: 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/style-default.css" title="Default" /> 
    <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/style-alternative.css" title="Alternative" />

Theming sorted!

• I'M ALIVE!!!

My Ideas include:

- Integration with OCS inventory for asset management (I realize it is a third-party but why re-invent the wheel?)
    - Ticket linking
    - ticket templates (ideal for commonly created issues by internal staff)

• Chefkeks, I am simply re-iterating what many have posted about here on the forums. I was simply posting it on behalf of others who have asked.

btw osTicket has a better FAQ/KB system just recently and there are plans to improve it further in the future.

I have to agree also important to note is the version which he said he was using....
  • I would live to have helpdesk live chat and/or feedback/respond from client. I already test my internal help desk with Jappix Mini. Its easy and no problem at all. 
  • Once the system is mobile ready-

-Bar code scanning for shipping/receiving so shipments can be logged.

-Add Signature Pad functionality so items could be signed out or signed for.
  • RSS feed driven email signatures: for example, I create an RSS or XML file will 100 different short quotes and everytime a staff member sends an email, the desired portion of your signature will change depending on the xml/rss file.

Can simply create the xml/rss file with shorter quotes from here: http://www.quicksprout.com/2009/12/07/101-motivational-business-quotes/

You can use it to promote different products in every outgoing email as well.
  • I'd personally like a SpamAssassin plugin. I currently get a bit too much spam.
  • Hi, :
    - Personalized SLA : exclusion from the SLA time of some hours/day (night & holyday/weekends)
    - Time reporting of the ticket (how many minutes unassigned / assigned to single operators / assigned in some Help topics ecc..)
    - Problem managment : open a problem, assign some tickets to a problem, when close the problem also all the  
       associated tickets will be closed
    - Change Managment - (ITSM-ITIL)
    - Client lookups in LDAP to fetch informations (phone, department, etc..)

• Below a list of what I absolutely find mandatory for a ticket system and not available on osTicket:
    - Ticket Linking or merging
    - Ticket Status customization
    - Tracking time tool

What can be improved:
    - Data export - Statistics (not enough in current osTicket)
    - osTicket Customization improvement

And what is not mandatory to live but can be a pleasure to have:
    - Chatter functionality

• 1. osTicket Reports connected in Jasper Reports.
    2. IT Asset Management that can be related to an open ticket.
    3. Chat for staff

• Live chat from website plug would be huge. That is the only functionality that OS doesn't have at the moment that I really see a huge benefit. Customer puts in email and name and can start chat. From there you have premade chat replies, the ability to create tickets with the supplied information etc. That would also be a great NEW revenue stream for OSticket to offer in their service portfolio. 
  • edited April 2014
    So far I like the simplicity of osTicket but would like to see plugins
    1. to allow ticket management via email by staff, staff could pass commands like #reply, #close etc through the emails and have osticket take the appropriate actions
    2. to allow option to add more ticket status types and give end user to ability to set status on a ticket
    3. to allow for the ticket view to be customized, for instance for me department and status are more important that priority but there isn't a way in the UI to change the view

• Live chat from website plug would be huge. That is the only functionality that OS doesn't have at the moment that I really see a huge benefit. Customer puts in email and name and can start chat. From there you have premade chat replies, the ability to create tickets with the supplied information etc. That would also be a great NEW revenue stream for OSticket to offer in their service portfolio. 
    Check out my chat server and client apis:

• Also check out my Scheduled or Recurring tickets Plugin for v1.7 easily portable to v1.8:

• A Merge Plugin would be excellent----
  • Here is an idea.

Develop a time tracking functionality so that support staff can track how much time they spend on a particular case. You need customers and time so I can assign that particular time to the customer for billing purposes.

• Below a list of what I absolutely find mandatory for a ticket system and not available on osTicket: - Ticket Linking or merging - Ticket Status customization - Tracking time tool What can be improved: - Data export - Statistics (not enough in current osTicket) - osTicket Customization improvement And what is not mandatory to live but can be a pleasure to have: - Chatter functionality
    I released a mod for 1.6 with ticket linking and categorization. I swear I will eventually find some time and port it as a plugin now that the eco system in here.
  • Hello, I am new here...and would like to ask you some questions about ticket status customization. Do you think that this is possible by doing some modification on php file (Exple: if we want to add dept, help topic, etc...on the ticket status list)?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.