Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Auto assign ticket on creation

Hi all :)
Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically assign to the staff member creating it?
Currently if a staff member creates a ticket, then the system does not allocate it to anyone until a reply is added - can I change this in the settings somewhere?

Help appreciated :)

Comments

• While creating the ticket there is "Assinged to" field in ticket information. Person should put himself/herself as a value to it. Another option is that the person creating the ticket would claim the ticket after creating it
  • Thanks korhojuh  but I think my users are forgetting to enter that field - that's why the request was for automatic allocation...
  • Users shouldn't be assigning tickets, staff (aka managers) should.
    You can set the default department [Admin panel -> Settings -> Default Department, or by Help Topic, or by Ticket Filters], but you cannot assign a ticket to an individual staff automatically.  You can manually do it though.

• Fair enough - I'll take it as a 'feature' ;)
    Thanks for the answer...
  • Very welcome. 

Should I close this thread, or would you like it left open for now?
  • Feel free to close it - I guess it's a personal preference thing...
This discussion has been closed.