Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Internal tickets from different department

edited November 2013 in General Discussions
Hi,

I was wondering : how would it be for an internal member of the company to create a ticket in its name (or in the name of a team) for another department ?
Would the member have to connect to CLIENT interface or will he be able to see it in another way inside the SCP interface ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Thanks for you reply but it's not what I'm asking for.
    Let me explain it once again, but differently :

I'm userA from DepartmentA. I have an internal demand for DepartmentB. I'm DBA, but I'm not in charge of VM creation ==> I need to ask for a VM Creation.
    I create a new ticket with "who should handle it". If things are well done, I don't need to specify department, I just need to set the help topic and it will be redirected to the good department. The help topic will be "VM Creation".

How, me, userA, can I follow the ticket ? Will I have to log in as a regular customer (so, I won't connect in scp to see it).. OR will this ticket be accessible IN SCP ?
  • I also would like to create internal tickets, without the user, just staff member to staff member.
    It is possible in osticket?
  • Staff members can create tickets just like clients.