Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

iPhone App created (Android to come)

2»

Comments

• To All and to JamesJewell personally,

In my work I need timely notification about problems, I chose osTicket. On the forum found this topic with reference to the program, purchased, configured, and got a bunch of errors. Went to the website developer, has already written two letters, but received no response. I want to contact the developer here and ask if he wants to answer my messages.

Thanks,
    Vitali
  • Hello, I would like to receive a notification if possible when the Android App becomes available. We have a task force of 5 that can test the application if needed. 
  • I would certainly be interested in using the Android app myself. I work for a non profit that provides healthcare for the homeless. This would be perfect for assisting me at keeping track of tickets without having to go back to my office every time.
  • To All and to JamesJewell personally, In my work I need timely notification about problems, I chose osTicket. On the forum found this topic with reference to the program, purchased, configured, and got a bunch of errors. Went to the website developer, has already written two letters, but received no response. I want to contact the developer here and ask if he wants to answer my messages. Thanks, Vitali
    Hi Vitali,

Has your ticket been addressed with us?  If not, can you let me know what your ticket number is?

Thanks,
    James
  • To All,

I will post a new thread when the Android version becomes available.  I have not had time to work on it due to all of the changes with OSTicket and IOS in general and having to continually update the app and API.

Thanks,
    James
  • edited January 2015
    We have a few little problems with the IPhone app, using it on the latest IOS and iPhone 5, 6 and 6 plus when working with tickets the keyboard is in the way when commenting on tickets and won't allow you to scroll down enough to show the field you are typing in. I'm using osTicket 1.9.4. Push and everything else works great, push is very fast but app runs slow. Also on all devices it will show a number on the icon as if tickets are open even if all tickets are closed, and all numbers are different.
  • Hi jamesjewell,

I just bought the app at itunes app store.

among the instructions is to visit osticketapp.com/download(s) to get more files and put that in our osticket installation.

since i bought it 2-3 days ago, i always get a fortinet firewall error referring to policy number 47. I tested in different computers, in different offices and in different ISPs and all the same, can you help?
  • edited May 2015
    Hi @JamesJewell
    I hope this is something simple. I just bought your app and I am getting a "Could Not Validate Settings" error when trying to log in. I've placed the soap folder in the api folder on my web server, and I've got the correct url in the URL box.

Any ideas?
    Sam

ps. I'm on osTicket v1.9.8.1 if that makes a difference
  • Okay, reading through this discussion, I get a slight inkling that the web server needs to be forward facing, is that correct? 

If so, why can't the app just use local wifi to access the server? Our helpdesk system is used internally only (and VPN is used when accessing outside the network). Our privacy and security policies would definitely not allow the helpdesk traffic to go through your servers, so if i can't use the local network, then this is useless to me.

Don't get me wrong, its a great app, but I wish it was stated somewhere that the web server need to be externally accessible!

If this isn't the case, then great! I am still getting the error though.

Sam