Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Edit Users

Is there a way to edit / update / delete users in 1.8?

Comments

• I presume that you mean clients.
    • Click "New Ticket"
    • Search for the user.
    • Click Continue.
    • Click on their Name <email@address.tld>
    • Edit their contact information.
    • Click "Update User"
  • Yes, I was referring to the clients and that is what I was looking for as far as editing goes. Is there anyway to remove old clients / duplicates?
  • It's easier to answer that as two separate questions. There is no way to remove old clients currently... but then I think that would break all your old tickets as they would no longer have the client name to display.

I'm not sure what you mean by duplicates... as I have not encountered any duplicates.  Client emails are stored in the ost_user_email table.  You should be able to look at that and see if there are any duplicates.  The user_id corresponds to the default_email_id in the ost_user_email table. (which is also where the clients name is stored)  You could cross reference those two tables (or run a quesry to join them) and check for dupes. There is no automated mechanism or UI for doing this currently... although I imagine once user accounts are more fully implemented there will be some sort of user management section of the UI.

• for admin users via sql commands (can be done with a script) including added or removing users :

the info really its here but in spanish due osticket developers does not have "time" to document well the tables and the system

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/venenuxmassenkoh/R1QLRpi1mIc/lHJYfQdQfQgJ oviosly u must use gmail and not have a mocosoft account.. only for linuxes
  • edited July 2015
    killing zombie thread with a head shot.
    Please do not be a necromancer.

Thread is for 1.8 and from Jan 2014, closing zombie.

Notice: The link in this thread is to a private group that has been
    setup for and by forum user who is not associated with the osTicket
    development team.
This discussion has been closed.