Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Data Integrity Required to close ticket

brentb I recently installed OSTicket v1.9.11 . I need a "Root Cause" field (drop down).
    I have made the "RootCauses" list then added that list to the "Ticket Details" with "Required for Agents" for visibility.
    This is not having the desired results. This forces the agent to select a root cause to create a new ticket or edit an existing ticket's details.
    What I want to happen is validate that field has a value when an agent tries to close  the ticket.

ntozier
    Go to Admin panel -> Manage -> Forms -> click on your form.
    Click on the Config button for the field that you want to require to close.
    Click on the Settings tab.
    check Data Integrity [ ] Required to close ticket.

@ntozier
    If you mean settings tab within that configure screen, I do not see one there. Options are "Widget", "Multiselect", "Prompt", "Default" and "Help Text". I do not see any tabs within that screen.
    If you mean the Settings Tab from the Admin Panel, I cannot find the Data Integrity Required to close ticket. Could you be more specific if it is in the Company, System, Tickets, Emails, Access, Knowledgebase, Autoresponder or "Alerts and Notices"?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I said:
    Go to Admin panel -> Manage -> Forms -> click on your form.
    Click on the Config button for the field that you want to require to close.
    Click on the Settings tab.
    check Data Integrity [ ] Required to close ticket.
    I meant it.
    If you do not see it then its not available in the version that you are using.  It might be a 1.10 feature.

moderator note: I removed all that crappy formatting that you put into your post which was breaking the thread.
  • Ah, I see. From on the original post (the user using v1.8ish) you said it should be coming with next release, I made the assumption it would be in v1.9. Oh well, v1.10 is still beta according to the osTicket website, so I will have to go without this feature. 

Apologies for that formatting, it added that in when I copied the related posts to start this thread.
  • No worries.  Yeah it looked like Microsoft Word formatting crap.  When I'm on windows I use notepad to compose things before pasting them into things (or if I have to copy and paste from a web page I cope and paste it into Notepad first to get rid of all the junk).
  • I have made the transition to 1.10 The "require on close" option is now available and working. 
    One downside to this is the location of the field, an agent has to go to "Edit" the ticket in order to update this field. Is there a way to move this field out in the open? Requiring an agent to :
    • Edit 
    • Select "Root Cause"
    • Save
    • Then finally close ticket.
    Don't get me wrong, it is doable, just seems a little tedious. I also noticed that once I have this "required to close" I cannot edit the ticket details without making a selection in that field. Even before wanting to close the ticket, if an agent needs to change some other ticket details, he/she is required to make that "Root Cause" selection.

So again, my questions are:
    Can I have the form I want "required to close" on the ticket thread page (tickets.php) without having to enter into the "edit" page?
    Is it intentional to require the "require to close" field before you are trying to close the ticket?
  • wow, this is exactly what I need!!! I haven't used the version 10 because its in beta. But its been over a year so I am wondering if it will ever be officially released?

I would also really appreciate the features Brent is asking. To have a required field the Agent fills in when resolving or closing a ticket.

Brent, could you confirm if this is now available in the Beta since your last post?
  • Q: Can
    I have the form I want "required to close" on the ticket thread page
    (tickets.php) without having to enter into the "edit" page?
    A: No.

Q:
    Is it intentional to require the "require to close" field before you are trying to close the ticket?
    A: Yes.

Q:
    But its been over a year so I am wondering if it will ever be officially released?
    A: Yes.

Q: Brent, could you confirm if this is now available in the Beta since your last post?
    A: He already said that "require to close" is available in the beta.  There is also a new beta since he posted.
  • thank you ntozier, thats answered all my questions. I haven't seen the 'require to close' feature yet because I havent moved to the newer version. But it sounds like it's exactly what I was wanting.

I wasnt trying to be rude about saying will it ever be released. I just mean if development was finished for whatever reason I would have installed the beta right now, but I will happily wait for the official version for my live environment.

p.s. sorry that I woke up this old thread, but I do massively appreciate your advice

• If you go to Manage -> Forms -> Ticket Details.
    Look at Form Fields.  Click on the Config button to the left of a custom field.
    It's a check box in there.  I think that its only available in 1.10 though.
    (it is not available in my production version 1.9.7)