Dead or alive?
Now that you know osTicket is alive and well; we have some good news to share.
The osTicket v1.7 pre-release (Developer Preview Release) will be made available on March 15, 2012*. The pre-release will strictly be for developers and enthusiasts to peek into and troubleshoot the upcoming release. We plan on using the feedback to shape the upcoming release of osTicket. It is NOT recommended for production environments nor recommended for upgrading existing installations.
We’re excited and look forward to your participation.
P.S. – Despite popular opinion, the delayed release wasn’t due to laziness or shear abandonment (although some was involved). We’ve been working on a software solution that will greatly simplify your customer support workflow (more on this later). We’ve been quietly working on it from the comfort of our new secret headquarters.
But don’t worry – you’ll be the first to know about it. Shhh…don’t tell.
osTicket Dev Team.
* 03/15/12 Update: We're almost there!
We're prepping the code for public release. The code will be available on GitHub within the next 2-3 days.
* 03/19/12 Update: The code is now available on Github.
* 04/02/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-DPR2 is now available on Github.
* 04/27/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-DPR3 is now available on Github.
* 06/18/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-DPR4 is now available on Github. Probably the last DPR before a RC1 release.
* 07/30/12 Update: osTicket 1.7-RC1 is now available on Github.
Please note: osTicket 1.7 DPR is pre-release software, in active development, that may be substantially changed before it's packaged for public release. It is NOT recommended for production environments nor recommended for upgrading existing installations. Comments and feedback are welcomed.
Last edited by peter; 07-30-2012 at 05:46 PM.
|new version, osticket dead|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|